IGNORED

Golf Pride's new 25g grip, the Tour 25. Anyone using one?

Note: This thread is 2928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A friend of mine has a new Cleveland Black 265 driver, and I noticed the grip on it is a lightweight non-cord rubber grip from Golf Pride, the Tour 25:

http://www.golfpride.com/Grips/Default.aspx?cat=noncord&grip;=tour25

I have a couple on order, but wondering if anyone was using/has tried this grip?  Should be a MUCH nicer alternative to the Winn Lite grips for us tinkerers!

Don't care much for the rings around the bottom.  But if it's a decent grip, I'll let that slide.

Tour_25_black.png

• 4 months later...

I stuck one on my burner superfast 2.0 driver this am before golf.  I had removed the stock winn 25 gram grip and put a golf pride tour wrap on there (50 gram.).  DON'T let anyone tell you in doesn't matter.

I was not feeling the head and not hitting it as well.  Then I found out Golf Pride made a rubber lightweight grip.  I ordered it and like it very much.  Good control (it was 95 and humid here today).  The swingweight was restored and I hit the driver better.

No idea how it will wear but am satisfied today.  It was better than expected.

I also bought a winn dri tec 25 gram grip but liked the feel of the golf pride rubber one better.  I may stick in on when if the golf pride grip wears out.

Terry

• 3 years later...

OK, here's the 411 on these new grips. Excellent grip, tour velvet feel, increased the SW 4 pts. The SW increased club head feel on the way down, cuts through the turf & rough with ease, more solid powerful center contact, straighten out my weak fades, increased distance = everything I was looking for.  BE CAREFUL INSTALLING THEM, THEY TEAR EASILY IN HALF. Use lots of grip lube,  a starter, a vise, & 2 hands and work them down.  Higher swing weight clubs will help slower swing speeds. You have to be stronger to swing heavier SW irons or it will tire you out playing 18. Check your clubs SW specs 1st at the MFG. Start with using lead tape properly on the club head at the range until you can the club head on the downswing. Then you can remove the tape after installing a lighter grip later.

Note: This thread is 2928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!