IGNORED

What's missing in my bag?

Note: This thread is 6194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been feeling like I should add another club to the bag lately. As of today I am carrying X20s 3-SW, Cleveland 60* 588, Odyssey 2 ball putter, '07 TM Burner and my old standard Warbird 3 wood. I've been considering another fairway wood but I've never played with any of them so I really don't know where to begin. I don't have a 200 yard club in my bag that I have a lot of confidence in myself to hit straight. Right now I'm using a long iron for dog legs and longer par 3s.

I was thinking about a 3R Cobra Baffler DWS but I've never hit one and I don't know if it would fit the bill.

Thoughts?

I couldn't hit a hybrid for shit, so I returned it and got a 5-wood instead. Up until recently, I used a 5 wood to bridge the gap between my 3 wood (220) and the 3 iron (175-ish).

Now that my clubs have suddenly and inexplicably gotten longer (I nuked a 3 iron about 260 down the middle today and cut the corner on a par 5 where I used to hit driver), I don't see the great role for my fairway woods...but the old idea was a good one, at least. Try to get a 5 wood.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I just hit a Cobra Baffler DWS 2R this morning. That thing is sweet! 18* so it will be pretty east to get the ball up and it was very east to hit straight shots. I think I may have found my 200 yard club. The one I'm looking at has an Aldila NV-HL 65 regular flex shaft. I really liked the shaft. It was very easy to hit compared to the Nickent 3DX.

id go with a 5 wood if you can hit one good. but if your one of those players than can only hit a sucsessful 5 wood 5/10 times, id go with the baffler if you really like it and it can fit the gap.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I vote for the 5 wood....tried about 5 diff hybrids in the past and always end up back to the 5 wood.....(TM rescue, Dual TP, Mizuno CLK, Ping G5, Callaway Heavenwood)...Not a big fan of Cleveland Golf in general but was blown away by the launcher fairway wood....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

I've been feeling like I should add another club to the bag lately. As of today I am carrying X20s 3-SW, Cleveland 60* 588, Odyssey 2 ball putter, '07 TM Burner and my old standard Warbird 3 wood. I've been considering another fairway wood but I've never played with any of them so I really don't know where to begin. I don't have a 200 yard club in my bag that I have a lot of confidence in myself to hit straight. Right now I'm using a long iron for dog legs and longer par 3s.

I absolutely love my 4R Cobra Baffler. When I either hit the tee shot short or am on a long par 4, I don't care if I'm a 4-Iron off the green, I feel far more confident with this thing than my 7-Iron. Give both a try in a shop if you can, though. Hybrids are either a "this thing saves my golf-life" or "why does anyone use these?" type of thing. Very few people are indifferent on 'em, so I suggest trying one for yourself.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just hit a Cobra Baffler DWS 2R this morning. That thing is sweet! 18* so it will be pretty east to get the ball up and it was very east to hit straight shots. I think I may have found my 200 yard club. The one I'm looking at has an Aldila NV-HL 65 regular flex shaft. I really liked the shaft. It was very easy to hit compared to the Nickent 3DX.

Choosing the right club is always a personal thing, i.e. you have to choose a club that feels right and one which gives you confidence in your ability to execute a shot. If you look at my signature, you will see that I would probably endorse your choice of the Cobra Baffler DWS. I love those hybrids. They are so easy to get up in the air and, if you have the skill you can work them left or right. I have never played a club so easy to use. For what it's worth, Golf Magazine, in their latest Equipment Guide, rated the Baffler DWS tops among hybrids, as well as best value. Good luck in choosing the right club.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 6194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!