IGNORED

why do my clubs keeping breaking?

kaballas123
Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had a question as to what theories there are to why my clubs keep breaking? I bought a set of barely used burner 2.0 irons from a golf store and i've snapped of 3 clubheads in a month. Two of them the club didnt even touch the ground it was off a tee. The shafts breaks off right at the hozel.

I get some good distances like 175-185 yards carry with a 7 iron here in Seattle. So i think i strike it pure not sure if the clubs are messed up or if its my swing

It's the stock stiff 85gram shatf

It sounds like the clubs were left in a humid environment and were either stored clubhead down or they have the sensicore shaft material in them to absorb vibtation (which also absorbs moisture).  This can casue the shaft to rust right next to the hozel where the  moisture gathers.  This weakens the metal and the clubheads break.  The fact that it has happened to 3 heads makes me think that is the case.  I had a buddy with a brand new set of Wilson Fat Shafts that this kept happening to.  Those shafts were thin and it didn't take long in his basement for them to rust and start breaking.  If you like the clubs, have them all re-shafted...may be more economical to just buy new irons.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Where did you get the clubs from? Hopefully it was a reputable dealer or they could be counterfeit. There is a lot of counterfeit golf stuff nowadays. Just a thought.

Hi Bore XL 10.5*

Launcher DST 3W 15*

Rescue 09 Hybrid 19*

MX-23 Irons 4-PW

Wedges 51*,56*, 60*

Classic II Putter

B330-RX

Thanks Bugdude. I think you might be right since I bought them slightly used. Probably left in the trunk of the previous guy's car and rusted.

kcgolfa1 - I bought them from "pro golf" so they should be legit...

Storing in the trunk shouldn't make clubs fail....

The clubs are either faulty, or you are bad luck............LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 years later...
I had a new set of TM 2.0s. First year broke 3 shafts off at the hosel. Finally, after breaking my SW I called TM and they said they would send me a replacement set of Rocketballz. I used the Rocketballz all of 2013 with no issues. This spring, 2014 i played 1 round and was at the range and the head broke off my 8 iron. ??? wth...... I am so perplexed. Stiff shaft stock steel shafts. I dont think my swing is that hard but could that be whats causing the problems?

I had a new set of TM 2.0s. First year broke 3 shafts off at the hosel. Finally, after breaking my SW I called TM and they said they would send me a replacement set of Rocketballz. I used the Rocketballz all of 2013 with no issues. This spring, 2014 i played 1 round and was at the range and the head broke off my 8 iron. ??? wth...... I am so perplexed. Stiff shaft stock steel shafts. I dont think my swing is that hard but could that be whats causing the problems?

It sounds like you may be hitting the hosel, or way too far on the heel. There's no way on earth you should have broken 5 clubs combined between two different sets. The flex of the shaft is not even important here. I honestly think you should investigate the hosel of one of the club heads and make sure there's no sign of ball impact on it. If there's not, then I have no clue.

I am also 99.9999% sure this is not related to your swing speed.

Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!