IGNORED

Just had a lesson. Thoughts?

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rebecca Wilson

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackJL06

....well they HAVE to be salesmen...you cant blame them for that, but many of these guys mean well and just know that a 30 minute lesson isnt a fix-all period and that having a consistent coach will benefit you

I was in Scotland for 15 years and I agree that the pros there have to be good salesmen. The typical Scot will take a half hour lesson every 2 years and expects miracles from it. If that pro isn't selling well from his shop, he's not going to make a living. Clubs, balls, tees, gloves even candy bars, they got to sell them. This was my experience anyway.

By the way the Scots have ugly swings but they are very effective and they talk a good game.

I have a friend from Scotland who had to quit playing golf.

He lost his ball

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Im glad you guys took the time to respond with some thoughts. Like I said he was a decent fellow and we talked about all sorts of stuff like work etc. etc... I guess it was just my first real lesson, as the lesson I had 3 years ago when I started golf, the guy basically said keep practicing and dont come to far inside. Needless to say I never went back.

I had been having trouble with a fade/slice and the occasional hook and shank. I just asked to get rid of the slice and straighten up a bit. He took some photos and showed me some key areas that were causing my slices.

1. My grip was weak, left hand V pointing to middle of the chest.

2. My hands were too close to my body at address.

3. My spine tilted toward the target at address.

So once he had me fix these I was hitting some nice shots. Best contact ever. Bit of a draw/occasional hook. Occasional thin shot to be expected.

I played a round today and it was definitely my worst round for a few years. I was hooking the hell out of the driver. Lost about 4-5 balls and was pretty inconsistent with the draw. Only faded a couple of shots though and only about 10 meters instead of 25+.

I still enjoyed the round though and considering i went from a lesson friday to round on sunday with no practice in between I'm not disappointed. I will go back and see the same pro in a couple of weeks and I'd like to thank you guys for easing my thoughts a little.

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!