IGNORED

What're You Gonna Do...

lamebums
Note: This thread is 6197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...before you die and/or get too old to play golf? Golf-wise, that is. What do you intend do, as a golfer, before it becomes impossble? Also, where do you want to golf at least once?

For me, my long-term goal is to be at least a scratch golfer, and perhaps play in local tournaments and such, just for the hell of it. Is there the outside chance I'll go pro? Yeah, but it's about as big as anyone else's chance here.

Also, I've got to golf at the following places at least once: The Old Course in St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, Coober Pedy Golf Course, and the Kabul Golf Club.

The Scotland trip is in the pipeline - probably next summer. If I'm still on this forum by then, I'll need a reminder to put up pictures of my being stuck in the road bunker.

Then, I'll worry about the other ones.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I think basically everyone's goal is to get to a scratch golfer. I know mine is. I would also like the chance to play Pebble Beach, Pinehurst No. 2, Bethpage Black and Augusta.

I have already played Firestone and Oakmont. Oakmont really tore me a new on but I was also a ~30 handicap at the time.

Oh also I would like to have at least 1 hole in 1 before i die. I'm only 21 so i have a lot of golfing left in my life and plenty of chances left for one.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Along with the others, i'd like to be a scratch golfer as well.

As far as certain courses i'd like to play, haven't thought that much about it. The obvious, Pebble Beach, Sawgrass, Pinehurst..etc

As with most golfers i would love to become a scratch golfer, but being honest, that aint going to happen. Neither is playing Augusta.
Love to play ST Andrews and if the wife has been paying attention, that should be on cards for my my 40th in a few years.
Love to have a hole in one, that has been witnessed . Had my fist one 4 weeks ago when up practisng, but nobody was there to witness it, so doesn't really count. But i know i did it.

G5 Driver
G2 3 & 5 Wood
i5 3 - PW Irons
52 tour wedge
56 tour wedge Putter Pro VI ball bag

• Administrator
As with most golfers i would love to become a scratch golfer, but being honest, that aint going to happen. Neither is playing Augusta.

Some might say those are the better kind. No big bar tab.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in line with all of you on the courses. St. Andrews is at the top because my grandmother was born in Aberdeen and I have always wanted to visit Scotland. Pebble, Pinehurst #2, Sawgrass, etc. are all on the list as well.

I want to be able to have a job/income that can justify a country club membership. Nothing too over the top, just one with a nice course and facilities. I have said that it was my goal by the time I turn 40. I have 3 1/2 years to pull it off.

I want to play a lot of golf with my kids and hopefully my grandkids.

As far as on the course: A Hole-In-One would be great, but I would rather break par for 9 or even 18 holes. The best I have shot is 81 on a par 70 and 37 on a par 35. It's easy to remember shots that kept that from being 34.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I want to shoot in the 60's in a tournament. I am 40 as of October. (this is about my prime where the head smartness catches up with the ability)
I've shot as low as 67 , but my low tourney round is 72.

Maybe this is the year??????
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

My long term goal is to break 70 on a regulation course.

My short term goal is to break 100 on a regulation course.

You can probably guess the intermediate goals.

Aces don't actually mean anything to me. I'm happy if I can play the par-3s at a bogey average at the moment, so even having a putt for birdie is worth it to me. An ace would knock a bit off my score for that round, but it wouldn't do much long-term. Consistently being able to putt for birdie would help.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was fortunate enough to get to play Pebble Beach back when I was stationed at Ft Ord. The best part was it was for free because they gave away so many free rounds to the military every year!! So I can check that off the list.

The other 2 courses I want to play before I die are Pinehurst #2 and St. Andrews. I know I will play Pinehurst eventually. We go to North Carolina every summer on vacation and in a few years when the kids are a little older the wife and I can start taking vacations alone! St Andrews is going to be a little bit harder, maybe not until I retire. So if I make it there I'll probably be in my 60's,,lol!

I guess the only other thing would be to finally get the "Hole in One" monkey off my back! Both my brother and father have one, but I'm still waiting for it to happen. I've played for 33 years and I've had at least 10 shots in that time frame on par 3's that finished 6 inches or less to the hole, but they just won't go in,,LOL!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Well scratch is my handicap goal, I would love to play Sawgrass, Castle Pines, and Bethpage Black.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

Note: This thread is 6197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!