IGNORED

Regripping during backswing/at top?

Note: This thread is 4400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm 21, have used the overlap since I became serious about the game in around 2004 or so. I've always been a very inconsistent player, ranging from a high 70's, low 80's guy to a high 90's guy. My problem is the club doesn't feel secure in my hands when I'm taking it back. Does anybody think switching to the interlock would be a good idea?

I personally don't see how anyone can overlap. I have always interlocked and feel like I have more control especially in the rough. So in my opinion yeah I think you will.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

I used to overlap, then I switched to the interlock.  For some reason I hit fewer hooks with the interlock.  It also helps keep my right hand on the club without inducing a right hand takeover during the downswing.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I used to interlock and then switched to overlapping (Vardon) this season. I seem to have more control of the clubface with the overlap grip. I used to feel the butt end of the club drop down in my palm at the top of by backswing with interlock.

However, interlock may work better for you than the Vardon grip. I would say experiment and find which grip strategy works best.

I love you Nicole Aniston

Hate the interlock.  Started with it and switched to the overlap.  Much more comfortable for me.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Sounds daft but have you checked your grip size? I found that for me the default sized grips are a smidge too large as I have short fingers. That makes them feel somewhat insecure in the swing. I'm trialling an Iomic Sticky which is 1/64th undersized at the moment and it feels a lot more secure for me.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 4400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!