IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Collector Troubles... Pls help

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. which putter should i use? (all scotties)

• newport 2 notchback (black '12)
    • GoLo
    • TeL 3
    • Pro Platnium Del Mar
    • Newport 2.6 studio select '11
    • Futura Phantom Mallet
    • Kombi S
    • Other (name in thread pls)

Cut the guy a break, he's new and wanted to come in here to brag a little about his SC collection.  At least he's not talking about his natural swing.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quite a brag post... If you were serious about keeping a pristine collection you wouldn't game them would you?

Did Cameron Frye's dad game his ferrari? No, he spent his days wiping it with a diaper.

FWIW I game a pro platinum del mar 3 i unsuspectingly bought used about 10 years ago... love it... think i am going to slap a mid sized winn grip on it...

Originally Posted by Booya

Did Cameron Frye's dad game his ferrari? No, he spent his days wiping it with a diaper.

Yes, but his priorities were so far out of whack that he didn't deserve such a fine automobile.

Originally Posted by packer445

yep which is why im gettin way better responses (maturity and people that can relate) over at the cameron collector.... theres a reason theyre scotty camerons not just putters.

Well you are getting better responses from people at cameron collector cause they are people like you who for some reason like to spend outrageous amounts of money on multiple putters.  And yes they are a Scotty Cameron, but yes they are just a putter.  They work best at putting small round golf balls into a circular hole, so I would say yes that classifies them as a putter.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

I have 6 putters, not collecting, but that is how many I have.  I know which one is my current gamer the last two years.  I feel like I cheat on it when I buy something shinier.

Some people collect putters and I guess a thread saying look at my SC collection would get more praise and less venom...

Some people collect weird stuff other than putters.

Personally my vote would be for a studio newport, any model.  I have one and I do like it, but My odyssey #9 makes more putts.

I'd like to see the collection, I think it's cool.

I am not the best golfer, about a double bogey average and i used to think a putter is a putter.. and why would anyone pay 300 plus dollars for a putter... but i have to admit that a nice putter does feel better than a cheaper one... do i think scotty's are the best? haven't made up my mind yet, but they are pretty nice, but so are some other putters out there that are going for simlar prices... btw why would you have so many putters anyways?? scotty or not... with that being said, if you want to choose a putter the guys here are right.. no one can tell you how to choose... i like blades better than those two ball putters cuz it just throws me off when i try to use them.. but i got a buddy that swears by them... you gotta use your clubs and figure out which one you like best...but with as many as you have that could take you a while...

The local Rodger Dunn usually has 30-50 used Scotty's.  Some are clean and as low as $99.00

The ones with the non-removable removable weights are around $180-200 used. (You can't buy replacement weights.)

Trade in value: $45-65

Life of a Scotty:

Stage 1: Best Putter on the Planet!

Stage 2: Maybe my putting will improve if a cut it down?

Stage 3. Maybe a Super Jumbo grip will help?

Stage 4: Used Rack $99.

Stage 5: Best $99 Putter on the Planet.

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Originally Posted by The Tin Man

The local Rodger Dunn usually has 30-50 used Scotty's.  Some are clean and as low as $99.00

The ones with the non-removable removable weights are around $180-200 used. (You can't buy replacement weights.)

Trade in value: $45-65

Life of a Scotty:

Stage 1: Best Putter on the Planet!

Stage 2: Maybe my putting will improve if a cut it down?

Stage 3. Maybe a Super Jumbo grip will help?

Stage 4: Used Rack $99.

Stage 5: Best $99 Putter on the Planet.

I just spit up my coffee, that was an awesome anology of the life of a SC putter.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I have two putters, one I use and a backup in case the usual "gamer" needs to be put in time-out.

Driver: Machspeed Black 9.5  

3 wood:  Insight  

Hybrid:   A4  19 degree

Irons:   CG red 4-PW  

Wedges:   CG12  56 degree and CG10 60 degree

Putter:  White Hot XG Sabertooth

With that many putters I doubt you'll be able to settle on a single gamer.  I would assume with that many you have at least a few different styles (mallets, blades, etc.) so I'd go with whatever suits your eye at the time.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I'm partial to the CIRCA 62 series especially the 2006 #3 . I like dark (especially charcoal and gun metal blue) treatments on carbon steel and simple tasteful lines. I would chose simply on my emotional response to how the putter looks and makes me feel (what tristanhiton85 already said).

or Scotty Cameron CIRCA 62 #3

Originally Posted by Shorty

... which of my clubs I should use ... what classic car out of my collection I should use as a daily drive ...

Anything chrome plated and any E30

Mike

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!