IGNORED

Hello.

danmalarkey
Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My name is Dan.

I've been playing golf since I was a little guy. I'm 27, married, and I love to play golf. I've been playing the same clubs since I was 13. Last weekend I played and one of the guys I played with let me hit his TaylorMade iron off a par three within five feet of the hole. That's when it solidified my thought that my clubs were too small. So, yesterday my wife came home with the new 2012 Cobra AMP irons +  AMP driver + woods. I normally hit the ball about 250 yards, but with this new drive I was consistently hitting 285-290. I'm excited about getting out and trying my new clubs!!

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

Wow nice wife!

Now was this a surprise, or did you tell her to pick up those clubs for you?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

thats awesome! hopefully one day when im shooting in the 80's my wife will bring home a nice set of clubs for me!

Welcome to TST.

DRIVER:  R5

3 WOOD: Burner

IRONS: RAC OS2

WEDGE:  60* Tour Wedge

Originally Posted by Motley01

Wow nice wife!

Now was this a surprise, or did you tell her to pick up those clubs for you?

Well, for the most part it was a surprise. I've been going back-and-forth from the Callaway RAZR X Black Irons or the COBRA AMP irons. On Friday I worked from home, and Liz (my wife) told me she was going to stop at the Edwin's Golf by her work because a co-worker told her that there were a used set of RAZR Black's there. When she came home she opened the trunk as I went outside to greet here…and there they were. I then went and got fitted for them, purchased a 3wood, sand wedge, and some shoes. I went to practice with them today for the first time and it was marvelous. I was hitting my driver to the back of the range.

Originally Posted by bodeman1329

thats awesome! hopefully one day when im shooting in the 80's my wife will bring home a nice set of clubs for me!

Welcome to TST.

I'm looking to shoot in the 80's myself :) Last week I shot a 93 with my old clubs, so with these new ones I'm AMPed (ha) to get on the course and see how much better I do now. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!