IGNORED

Can't Seem to Hit a Driver

Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me out or give some advice to find a solution with this problem.

It is not so much that I can't hit a driver, it is more that I can greatly outdrive myself using a 3-wood than I can using a driver.  It may be a psychological issue, but I really don't like the hollow feeling that I get with the striking the ball with the driver (I much prefer the solid feeling hitting the 3-wood).  Maybe the solution is not to carry a driver in my bag (which I do now), and if thats so, its not a big deal.  If anybody has any advice, it would really be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

1) go for a driver fitting session so you can try various drivers, and at the same time compare them to your 3w, you should get fitted on a trackman or something so you can see the difference in carry between clubs etc

2) if you still dont like the driver and feel you hit the 3w better/further/more accurate then you could try a stronger lofted 3W which alot of places stock nowadays

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Driver Fitting: Like trying on suits - all 3 sizes too big - expecting one of them to fit.

The newer 3 wood is what the driver used to be.

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!