IGNORED

TM Customer Service!

Note: This thread is 6941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've recently had a unfortunate experience with TM's Customer Service.

Here's what happened:

I purchased a NEW TM 510TP w/an Aldila Prototype 65X from eBay (but also a brick an mortar shop). After 2 sessions at the range it developed a rattle in the head--very noisy! I took it to my local golf shop who called TM. TM told my shop that they COULD NOT do anything with the club b/c it was not meant for general sale. It was only meant for 'tour' use. In short, I'm stuck with a 510TP with a bad rattle!

As it stands, I sent it back to the shop where I bought it and I'm waiting for a verdict.

Consider this a heads up when buying anything that is meant for tour use---it may not fall under the typical warranty!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Any recommendations?

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Taylor Made 510TP 8.5 w/proto Aldila NV 65X
Wood: PT 15 bore thru, X100
Hybrid: 503H, 19 deg, S300Irons: 680, 3-PW, Freq. Matched X100Wedges: Black Nickel Vokey 54.10, 60.08Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Oil CanBall: ProV1x

I would call TM directly and tell them the story. I can see them charging you for the repair, since any warranty on the club would be voided when it changed hands. But they should still be able to fix it for you. TM does sell a line of Tour Preferred clubs, so maybe what you have is a tour prototype.

If TM doesn't give you satisfaction, I'd take it back to where you bought it and demand a refund or trade. And I wouldn't buy anything from TM again, if they won't even repair the club for you.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Without knowing the specifics of the sale, I can say that if the product was not a retail product, but something that fell of the back of the tour van, it doesn't fall within our warranty process -- namely because the retailer must not have bought it from us. Definitely contact TaylorMade customer service and see if they can help, if not, let me know and I will check into it.

Jason

Hey you can do what I did about that rattle. I had a ping tisi driver that rattled. But it was like a medicus. If I had a perfect tempo swing it didn't rattle. I called it the maraccicus or the driveicus. I never fixed it. Then one day the whole freaking thing fell apart.

Thanks for the replies folks!

Right now, I'm waiting to get it back from the brick and mortar shop I bought it from (I purchased through eBay though). I never thought that TM wouldn't warrantee something that was clearly a TM club.

At one point, I did contact TM directly. They said they would take care of it, I just had to take it to a authorized TM dealer. Once I got there, he made the call to Customer Service and it was the same old story....it's a tour club....we can't do anything.

I appreciate the offers for assitance and I may take you up on it. I'm just going to wait and see what the shop says....

I'll keep everyone posted!

What's in My Bag?

Hybrid: 503H, 19 deg, S300Irons: 680, 3-PW, Freq. Matched X100Wedges: Black Nickel Vokey 54.10, 60.08Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Oil CanBall: ProV1x

The latest word on my TM ordeal:

TM is stepping up!

The shop where I bought it got in touch with their tour rep. They told me that it'd be taken care of. If that mean a new R7TP, I might end up a TM guy for life!

What's in My Bag?

Note: This thread is 6941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!