IGNORED

Callaway HX Tour 56

Note: This thread is 6183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All I can say is "See ya later Titleist!!" These balls are awesome. I think they feel better and just as long as ProV1's. Good job Callaway for de-throning the king of balls (at least for me!!)

I will be updating my signature right after this post from to

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

I had picked up a dozen of these at target about a month ago. After playing them and then going to the Pro V1's all last week, i agree that the HX Tour 56 is a better ball. It has a much softer feel around the green and still has great distance of the tee.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

wow for $6.00 a ball I hope they're good!

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Man is my math bad

I was quoting the price show here (Canadian) which should be pretty close to the price in the US these days, but it is not...

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...s-P2924C9.aspx

And that works out to a little over $4 a ball.

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

I just picked up a sleeve of both the HX Tour and the HX Tour 56 and played them both last weekend. Wanted to see which one I liked better. Have to agree; both balls are fantastic. As for which one I like best...jury is still out on that one, but I'd play either one.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I just picked up a sleeve of both the HX Tour and the HX Tour 56 and played them both last weekend. Wanted to see which one I liked better. Have to agree; both balls are fantastic. As for which one I like best...jury is still out on that one, but I'd play either one.

Hmm...finally something

cheaper than the Pro V1? I might have to give them a spin--my only experience with the Pro V1 was three consecutive shots out of bounds.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Hmm...finally something

Well lamebums, if you're really concerned about the cost and just want to try them out, I can tell you for sure that there's at least one of each of the HX Tour and HX Tour 56 right out by you at Lassing Pointe from this past Sunday! But, definitely not the balls fault.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Well lamebums, if you're really concerned about the cost and just want to try them out, I can tell you for sure that there's at least one of each of the HX Tour and HX Tour 56 right out by you at Lassing Pointe from this past Sunday!

Heh... sometimes I do spend time in the deep rough looking for other people's lost balls, especially if it's not on a crowded day. Dunno about Lassing Pointe--haven't golfed there, and it looks like it's a really tight course.

And, it is always the ball's fault. It is never the golfer's.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

And, it is always the ball's fault. It is

I know. I was playing 9 on Tuesday using Pro V1's and i lost 5 balls in 4 holes. I switch back to the Callaway HX Tour 56 and guess what. I hit a driver about 370 (Very dry and must have gotten a really lucky bounce). Lob wedge to a tight pin. Knock in the 6 foot putt for birdie.

SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I switch back to the Callaway HX Tour 56 and guess what. I hit a driver about 370

370? I gotta get some of those Callaways!

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5769

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I know. I was playing 9 on Tuesday using Pro V1's and i lost 5 balls in 4 holes. I switch back to the Callaway HX Tour 56 and guess what. I hit a driver about 370 (Very dry and must have gotten a really lucky bounce). Lob wedge to a tight pin. Knock in the 6 foot putt for birdie.

370!! Did you have cart path assistance =)?

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

They shouldn't put 'em there unless they want you to use 'em!!

I'll take 370 any way I can get it!!

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

No my drive barely made it 15 yards of the ground added to about 2 weeks without a good rain here in Pittsburgh on a course that doesn't have irrigation. Later in the year we can't play the course because its to hard. Balls wont stick on the green.

And yes the drive had to of been at least 360. We play the blues and the hole length says its 405 from the whites. I was only 30 or so yards from the green.

370!! Did you have cart path assistance =)?

Or... maybe he pulled a Don Johnson in Tin Cup. "He hit it down the f$%#in' road."

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I haven't played the HX Tour's, I've played some of the other Callaway balls a couple years back and didn't like them all that much. Maybe, I'll pick up a sleeve in a couple weeks and see how they are. I've personally fallen in love with Srixon Z-URS's, but I have no problem giving other balls a try.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

Note: This thread is 6183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!