IGNORED

Shafts Question?

missin44
Note: This thread is 6176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This might be a dumb question but here goes.

As I understand a stiff shaft give more contol, IE - easier to hit the ball straight. A more flexable shaft gives more distance, but less control. When I was looking at clubs shops told me as a beginner I should go with a regular flex shaft becuase it would give me more distance, a stiff shaft is for more advanced players. Seems to me it should be the otherway around, a beginner has nothing but control problems, it just seems to me hitting it straighter is more important than hitting it further.

Note: This thread is 6176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!