IGNORED

The Friendless Golfer....

Warfish
Note: This thread is 6171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My advice for a friendless high-handicapper is to strictly play Pitch & Puts and Muni courses. People there tend to be more laid back, more friendly and less concerned with poor play. Go to your local P&P; with a 6 pack on a Sunday afternoon, and watch the friends come to you.

Ain't the internet wonnerful to encourage such honesty. Warfish, you remind me of me. Those same concerns keep me off the course.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Of the hundreds of rounds I've been paired up with someone at a muni, I can think of only one or two times that I really didn't care for the people I was playing with. Usually if you haunt the same courses a lot, you will get to know the other regulars and make pretty decent friends. The best advice for playing pick up golf is this: No one will remember how you played, but they will remember how you acted when you played. Don't worry about scoring too much, just have a good attitude and don't slow the group down and no one will have a problem playing with you.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

Note: This thread is 6171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!