IGNORED

My Swing (Infamous 273)

Infamous 273
Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: >90

My typical ball flight is: Dead straight

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Heel shots

Videos:

I've been reading these forums for quite a while now, and have gained some solid information form some of the regular posters here.  Joined a while back, and finally got around to taking a video of my swing.  I'm open to all constructive criticism, and I look forward to advice/tips anyone can provide.

Head moves, too close to the ball step away like a half a step will eliminate heel shots, your swing is flat like mine which produces heel shots at times so take that half step away.  You are way wristy though. at halfway through your back swing is a good amount of cocking and you try to cock it even more which is nothing bad just have to rely on timing a bit more. Your feet and shoulders are pointing in different directions. get them aligned with give you better striking. get a little more knee flex. Pretty decent for a 20 but don't understand you hit it dead straight most of the time and you shoot in the 90's? might need to work on short game then.

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

Head moves, too close to the ball step away like a half a step will eliminate heel shots, your swing is flat like mine which produces heel shots at times so take that half step away.  You are way wristy though. at halfway through your back swing is a good amount of cocking and you try to cock it even more which is nothing bad just have to rely on timing a bit more. Your feet and shoulders are pointing in different directions. get them aligned with give you better striking. get a little more knee flex. Pretty decent for a 20 but don't understand you hit it dead straight most of the time and you shoot in the 90's? might need to work on short game then.

the question was typical ball flight, meaning (imho), my typical shot.  typically, i hit the ball dead straight with no fade/draw bias.

my short game is my strongest asset.  i add strokes the most by getting in trouble (and not getting out of trouble) off the tee.  a couple of quads can turn a round in the 80's into something horrific.

thanks for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

uggggghhhhh, i hate toe hits.  played 9 earlier, and started catching it off the toe on the last 3 holes (par 3, 4, 5).  the 9th hole was the worst.  off the toe with the driver - barely went 245.  235 out, 9i layup off the toe, and i could literally throw the ball higher in the air.  hit a bucket to try and work it out after the round, and nothing but toes hits!!!  this isn't even my usual miss...wt*%&$^#&???  ugggghhhh, i can't stand toe hits!!!

\ rant

• 4 weeks later...

i've been fighting a push for a few weeks now.  nothing too too extreme - it's been more pronounced with my longer irons (3, 4, 5) and my 3W.  i'm not much of the engineer type when it comes to the science behind the swing.  instead, i'm more of the K.I.S.S. type, and have a couple basic swing thoughts.  that said, it's mostly trial and error when it comes to correcting a miss, so anyone who can provide some advice, i'd appreciate it!

i pushed this one pretty good:

i pushed this one a bit:

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!