• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cutigersgolf

Golf trip

10 posts in this topic

I have been trying to decide what main course to choose for a golf trip for my graduation present this upcoming year. I have been thinking tpc sawgrass, harbor town, etc... If u could think of any nice courses in the southeast I'd appreciate your input. Thanks

Maybe the Ocean course at Kiawah where they're playing the PGA this year,  plus they have four other courses there, right outside of Charleston

Myrtle beach has some really good courses,and a lot to do. Pinehurst has great courses right across from the hotel, plus great atmosphere and tradition.

Yes you can't beat Sawgrass...Played it twice and can't wait to go back. Nearby is also Amelia Island and a little further south is Ocean Hammock. All top notch!

Originally Posted by caniac6

Myrtle beach has some really good courses,and a lot to do. Pinehurst has great courses right across from the hotel, plus great atmosphere and tradition.

Yeah, I agree! Myrtle beach has Pinehills. Really nice golf course! check this out http://www.golfzoo.com/-dest-SCMY-vendor-PINBAC-_param-1-.htm

Originally Posted by jmorse1207

Maybe the Ocean course at Kiawah where they're playing the PGA this year,  plus they have four other courses there, right outside of Charleston

Of course we're biased but Kiawah is really great in terms of variety of courses, location, and memorable play. Check these out and let us know if you have any questions: Kiawah Island Golf Courses . Congrats on graduation!

I have played Caledonia and True Blue, both in the Myrtle Beach area and both great courses!  A lot of great courses (both cheap and expensive) to choose from down there.  There is also Tobacco Road in NC... wow!  Never played Kiawah or Pinehurst No. 2... but they are on my list and look great.

Have a great trip wherever you decide!

Pinehurst is only 90 min. from my house, but Kiawah has a beach and proximity to Charleston. I'll take Kiawah........or Wild Dunes.

I'd go with Kiawah.  If not Kiawah I'd go to Pinehurst and play The Dormie Club as much as I could.  Great course!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0