IGNORED

Pure Impact Golf Studio, Commerce Michigan

Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any of my fellow sand trappers use this place for buy or getting fitted?  It seems like a very sweet place with all the latest technology?  If you have I would love some feedback, thanks!

Here is a link: http://www.pureimpactgolfstudio.com/

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

• 5 weeks later...

This is an old post...but I will provide feedback all the same. I did do a club fitting, but I wasn't that impressed with the company. After going to Pure Impact, I went to Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti.

What I liked better about Miles...

At Miles, though you are indoors like Pure Impact, you hit into an outdoor target rather than hitting at a hologram (which is how the fitting is at Pure Impact) on the wall.  I felt not being able to see my ball flight like you normally would impacted the fitting. I am a decent golfer (better than most I play with, but still need to improve), but by the end of the driver fitting the fitter (Chris) thought I needed to work with their fitness performance guy (at an additional cost of course) before buying new clubs. Though I could get stronger/be in better shape/improve swing mechanics, I don't see myself going on the PGA Tour anytime soon. For the record, I am 6 foot, about 180 pounds, and in pretty good athletic shape. When I got done with Pure Impact, I guess I felt like I needed to be a low single handicap in perfect condition/mechanics to be fit for new clubs.

After going to Pure Impact, I went to Miles. At Miles, you hit into an outdoor target.  My fitter said we are going to get you clubs that fit your swing without having to make all these changes to your swing (biggest fault is overswinging).  He shortened my shafts by 1/2", made my irons stiff vs. regular, and increased my distance by 15-20 yards.  I significantly improved my distance even though accuracy was the reason for a fitting.   Overall, when all was said and done, I spent about $2000 on new clubs at Miles.

I can update my response in the near future. I have received my fairway wood so far (all else are on special order), and that club has significantly improved.  Getting fit for clubs is an individual experience, but for me, Miles of Golf felt like a much better fit.  If you use Pure Impact and feel good about it, great. But for me, I wouldn't go back to Pure Impact.  In about a week I will have my new clubs, and hopefully fitted clubs lead to lower scores.

Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!