IGNORED

I have no idea what is happening

Note: This thread is 4361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Motley01

You're coming out of it. You need to STAY DOWN through impact. Mantain your spin angle. Don't lift up your head, and don't DIP your head on the backswing.

And try to bring the club back around your body more. You have a steep swing right now. On the takeaway, pull it around inside more, instead of over your head.

And shorten the swing. Take 3/4 swings.

Okay, what does maintain spine angle mean? and what do you mean by bring the club around my body more?

In bag(15 years old on budget):

Driver- Taylor Made Burner 09

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

3 Hybrid- Walter Hagen AWX

4,5 Hybrid- Nicklaus Polarity

6-SW- Nicklaus Polarity Irons

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

On your stance when you address the ball. Straighten your back more, push your butt out more. Your crouching your back too much right now.

Your back should be straight, as if you have a ruler sitting on your back. Tilt your body at your hips.

When you take the club back, move it more to the right, instaed of straight up.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

On your stance when you address the ball. Straighten your back more, push your butt out more. Your crouching your back too much right now.

Your back should be straight, as if you have a ruler sitting on your back. Tilt your body at your hips.

When you take the club back, move it more to the right, instaed of straight up.

okay ill work on that! how far would half way be when i take half way swings?

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

Do this and post another video.

Half swing, the club should be pointing just past verticle. So the club should by pointing towards the sky more.

Do this and post another video.

Half swing, the club should be pointing just past verticle. So the club should by pointing towards the sky more.

okay ill have to do that later

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

Get your friend there to help.

Have him grab one of your clubs. And have him place the club on your back. Straighten your back so it's flush against your back.

Then also he can use the same club, standing behind you. Have him place the grip end, so it's sitting on top of your head. Then swing, without dipping your head, keep your head up against the club that your friend is holding.

• Administrator

Get your friend there to help.

Have him grab one of your clubs. And have him place the club on your back. Straighten your back so it's flush against your back.

Then also he can use the same club, standing behind you. Have him place the grip end, so it's sitting on top of your head. Then swing, without dipping your head, keep your head up against the club that your friend is holding.

Please don't do that.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Your swing is fine until part way back when you stop turning your shoulders and then only cock your wrists up. I'd set up like the article mentions and then keep turning your left shoulder down and back. Feel NO wrist cock (they'll still cock, just not quite so much as they do now).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Please don't do that.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Your swing is fine until part way back when you stop turning your shoulders and then only cock your wrists up. I'd set up like the article mentions and then keep turning your left shoulder down and back. Feel NO wrist cock (they'll still cock, just not quite so much as they do now).

Actually do that a lot myself... didn't know it was wrong.

I agree with keeping your head steady it really does help and keep your head down through impact so you watch the club hit the ball, I say "don't be curious" because if you are curious where the ball is going to go before you even hit it well.. more than likely it's not going to be a good shot.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

Head still - yes.

Take the club to vertical - don't fold your wrists over-cocking them as iacas points out.

Start the downswing with your lower body...not your hands and arms.  It looks like you are "flipping" your hands/club at the ball (like slapping it) instead of pulling the grip of the shaft through the ball (impact zone) so that you hit the ball with a forward-leaning shaft (e.g. maintaining "lag").

To correct that - once you have completed your backswing - slide your belly button toward your target a couple of inches and then begin turning your belt buckle toward the target - keep your right elbow and your right hip together as you hit through the ball.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Of course, if you can do all this repeatedly, you will be able to outscore most of the guys on this site

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

okay thanks! When i slide my belly button what do you mean by that?

3 Wood- Dunlop Loco

Putter- Top Flite

Balls- Callaway War Bird

Your first move of your downswing should be a hip-slide / bump (look it up on this blog) toward the target. It is accomplished by shifting more weight to the inside of one's front foot without moving one's head.

Note: This thread is 4361 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!