IGNORED

Pain in left wrist

Note: This thread is 6161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

i practice a lot and lately i have problems with my left wrist. Sometimes when i stand on the range hitting out balls and not being fully concentrated it happens that i hit a couple of fatsies or just hit the ball the irons really punish me. Actually i bought them for the purpose of that, to get my swing better, but lately i really feel a bad pain in the left wrist, maybe from to much practice but probably all those fatsies just added up. I had this in the past when i practiced from time to time and after a week without golf the pain was almost gone again. But that´s not an option any more since i need to be able to play continously.

So i figured i just should get myself the same set of irons, but with graphite shafts which i can use for practice and wont hurt my wrist that much since of reduced vibration - maybe that helps? BTW i play MP-67´s.

Do some of you also have problems with your wrists when you practice too much? If so - what do you normally do against it shortterm/longterm? Today i tried to play a round and i just couldn´t finish since the pain forbid any kind of swing after about 3 holes...

Thanks for the help.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I would go see an orthopaedic & sports medicine doctor. I have done that in the past (two separate problems in different years); the orthopaedic & sports medicine doctor I went to worked wonders. I affectionately called him "ortho guy".

I used to get pain in my left wrist only when I hit bad shots consistently, at which point I take a break, look back over what I was doing wrong, and swing at nothing until I hear a nice brush sound. At which point ill go back to practicing. The fatsies you talk about are the probable cause ^^

lets just hope its nothing serious, you really should see a doctor, as indicated above

Hey, went to the doc and the first diagnose was nothing damaged - just "overused". Got to talk with him tomorrow about what i can do about it in the future when i train a lot (and still hit some fatsies ;) )

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Sounds like with all the practice you may get to wristy with your swings and end up stressing your wrist. Stop practicing hitting bad shots.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Sounds like tendonitis? I play graphite clubs for this reason, try to avoid practice on mats also as that seems to add to the problem. If you do a few simple stretches of your wrist and forearms, say in the shower, before you play and again after you play. Until the pain is gone ice the wrist for 10-15 minutes after you play. BTW many golfers with this problem use sensicore iron shafts. A good alternative if you don't like graphite.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Last year i to had pain in my left wrist one day after i got home from the range. I just thought that i hit too many balls and then when i practiced again it hurt after the first ball i hit. So i went to the doctor and the x-rays showed nothing, so i had to get an MRI and they found out that a small bone in my wrist was fractured and i was in a cast for 9 weeks. So i think you should get an MRI if you can.

My bag
Driver-905R
3 wood-906 F2
hybrid- 583h 21*
irons- 695 CB royal precision project x (6.0)wedges- vokey spin milled 56 and 60putter- studio style newport 2

Note: This thread is 6161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!