IGNORED

Need help with my slice...I know the problem, but how to cure it?

Note: This thread is 6174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been a rec golfer for at least 10 years now, and just started picking it up again last summer. After the winter break, I've found that I'm slicing the ball a lot more, probably due to my new driver exagerating the issue more. However, I know the problem with my swing, it's just I don't know how to cure it or find drills to stop it.

My problem is, when I start my downswing, I bend my torso inwards, causing a huge open clubface. I think I am shifting my weight to my left foot, but my body leans to the back. My right elbow just about ends up in my ribsIt's hard to describe, and hopefully that makes sense... If you guys need a video of my swing to help visualize, let me know, I can probably take care of that.

I still manage to hit the sweet spot 95% of the time, so I hit the ball long, and slice it wide. Usually I manage a 175 yard hit, but add a 50-100 yards slice to the ball, putting me in the other fairway, woods, swap, etc... I can only imagine that if I straigten out my shot that I would be hitting 225+ on my drives.

Thanks for any/all the help you guys could give.

*******Added videos

Here's a video of my swing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85072790698981 <----This is a big file

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...07387984401776 <-----1 swing in Slow motion

----
Callaway Big Bertha 454 10*
Callaway Hawkeye #2, #4
Odyssey Rossie Putter
Callaway big bertha knock-off irons

I had the same problem.
What I did was, I align the back of my hand with the club face. So as I swing through I can judge the squareness of the club face with my left hand. Basically I do a pimp slap at the ball...lol.. Also what it has made me more consciouses of where the club face is and I've been able to hit it more consistently.

I think I crossed the bridge on this one recently.
Try this:
Swing your club parallel to the ground.. make a flat swing. Tilt your swing plane till it goes to the ground. This may help you with the release concept. You could also try swinging the club when you are kneeling.
Hope it helps.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Your coming over the top. In the video you get to the top of the backswing and then you cast the club on the way down. At least thats the way it looks, take a video from behind, we'll be able to see it better. Casting the club causes either a major slice or a hook. You need to keep your hands more to the inside. Right before you get to the top of the backswing, start your hips moving towards the target, that should force your hands to remain on the inside track of the golf ball. Try it and let us know how it goes.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

do you mean put the camera facing my back, or my hitting line?

and what do you mean by, "casting the club" ?

----
Callaway Hawkeye #2, #4
Odyssey Rossie Putter

Hitting line.

Casting the club is when you come over the top of the golf ball. Your not keeping your hands to the inside. Your letting them get away from your body. Get a video of down the hitting line it should be much easier to see. I dont want to give you wrong advice from something that is difficult to see, but if I were to guess from what I saw that is my answer.
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Finn,
In "the big file" towards the middle/end I did a couple swings down the line. If you need them in slow motion, let me know.

----
Callaway Hawkeye #2, #4
Odyssey Rossie Putter

Is my club supposed to flex so much during my intital downswing?

----
Callaway Hawkeye #2, #4
Odyssey Rossie Putter

To be honest its tough to tell, especially when your not striking at a ball. At address point your left toe out about a quarter of a turn, that will help you get your left hip out of the way, maybe prevent the slice.

If the weather clears up enough this week I'll get to the range and get some video of me hitting the ball. It's supposed to rain all week, so we'll see what happens.

----
Callaway Hawkeye #2, #4
Odyssey Rossie Putter

Note: This thread is 6174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!