IGNORED

Ari-ZONA BABY!

Note: This thread is 6293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Woo-hoo! Just booked my trip to Arizona - I leave June 22 for 4 days of golf. Now, I know a lot of you will think I'm crazy for hittin' the desert heat this time of year, but the flights are cheap, the hotels are cheap, and besto f all, THE GOLF IS CHEAP!! I've been going out to AZ this time of year for the last 5 years and I love it. I've played a bunch of different courses, and am looking to find out if any new courses have opened in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.
I'm playing WE-KO-PA my first day out there - they've got 36 now (I played the first 18 a couple of times and just love the place)...

So, anyone have any recommendations for new courses? I've played almost all the Troon courses....

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Geesh...noone has any recommendations? Bummer...

Geesh...noone has any recommendations? Bummer...

Sorry man, I play palm springs this time of year. Also, Arizona is pretty big - you probably want to let us know where you're playing.

One thought would be to check the mini-tours that play in Arizona and see which courses they play on their schedule. Most of the mini-tours, I think, play public courses more often than not. IIRC, the Pepsi Tour and the Gateway Tour play in Arizona. Oh, and the TPC Scottsdale, home of the FBR open, is somewhere in Arizona...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you got room for another player? jk... but u are doing my fav golf trip and i am jealous! i love arizona in august. the heat is there but it is dry and i love the feeling..... 36 holes with a cart, followed by good mexican food, beer, and that AZ eyecandy.... mmm it doesn't get much better than that.

Troon North's courses are great, as is the TPC. Boulders is also very nice, as was Talking Stick. The course I would recommend most strongly is the Talon course at Grayhawk. That was an awesome experience, but you really can't go wrong anywhere in Scottsdale.

have a great time bud! take some pics out there to motivate me to get on my grind so i can enjoy a trip like that soon

How was it? HOT!!! HA! Actually, wasn't too bad, heat-wise. It's 94 today in Boston, but it's so much worse because of the damn humidity.

Anyway, I played well - 6 rounds total - 83, 80, 71, 79, 82, 80. I'll take it! I played both WeKoPa courses twice (so 4 rounds), Troon North (Monument) and Talking Stick (south course....SNORE). I guess there were water restrictions in place so most courses were in tough shape, that's why I played WeKoPa four times...never mind the fact that it's a beautiful facility!! Guess the reservation courses aren't under watering restrictions...

I had a great time, and met a bunch of good folk too. The hotel was a DUMP - Hospitality Suites on Scottsdale Rd. Won't be staying there again. Now, if only this blister between my index and middle finger will heal...OUCH!!

I work in the Water Dept for the City of Scottsdale and we had a big treatment problem. Our new state of the Art equipment was failing and we couldn't treat as much water as we would like.

Glad you had fun! Too bad you couldn't hit some of the Southern Phoenix courses. There are some nice course through out the whole Valley here.

Note: This thread is 6293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!