IGNORED

My Swing (ayouden)

ayouden
Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I may not be the right person to answer this since I have troubles with it myself. Was just analyzing my own swing and can post that pic.

You see my right elbow is problably at the right spot, but my shaft is too horizontal and not vertical enough. You can see it easy on the hands and see what's necessary for me to do to get to grants position. To not rotate my hands so much I believe.

Well since i'm also a bit confused I think it's bad that I post so much here . Last video now gonna try this out myself tomorrow with the  hula hoop.

Originally Posted by nevrino

Just took a quick look but I can't see that you are coming over the top.

Here's some possible reasons why you could be slicing:

You raise your spine angle during downswing.

You flip the club after impact you're not maintaining flat left wrist.

What I think you need is more secondary axis tilt and more hip slide. Watch this movie. And try to get to that reversed C position at impact with extended arms into the finish.

i do the same thing!

Now you come over the top, which is definitly causing that slice. You see on grant he gets his hands from his right shoulder and down, it goes a little out towards the ball but not much. In your case the hands go to much out from the body to the ball but not down so much, this causes the over the top move.

Ayouden, as nevrino pointed out... You are coming over the top - thus hitting the slice.  Try focusing on going back to the start of the swing... By going back to the mechanics of A1 (address) to A2 (club shaft parallel to the ground).  If you look at the mocked up photo, you are coming above the shaft line (at address).  This is part of your problem.

Try getting your right arm takeaway to be more 'back and in' and less 'back and up' as you currently have it from A1 to A2.  Meaning - don't bend the right elbow so much... Make sure you take that club back away on the inside more.  Remember to pull that left arm across your chest with the right arm - but start the back swing with your hands lower - and the right forearm taking the hands more inside.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just had my lesson today with the Pro, and the ball goes straight now! We mainly worked on keeping my height throughout the swing and not over swinging. Also using my chest to hit the ball and move the chest before the hips!

Here is the new swing. Just need to slowly crank up the power!

Beachcomber is right regarding your takeaway, ayouden.

You are losing connection and plane right away.  You need to take it back more inside whilst keeping the clubhead outside your hands.  Take it inside whilst keeping the left wrist 'in'.  By keeping the left wrist 'in' not only will you retain connection and get to A2 correctly, but also as you keep hinging it from A2 onwards, it will help you hinge it more vertically, up the right forearm.

My instructor insists that once the shaft goes below the right forearm then the swing is lost.  So he wouldn't like ayouden's takeaway-to-halfway back at all.  He's trying to iron this out of my swing.  That's practically all we're working on right now.

I disagree with Beachcomber.  Unfortunately I have to say I don't think ayouden's A1 to A2 move is on the right track at all, and it greatly contributes to his very flat inside shaft plane very shortly after it.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by ayouden

im sorry, but im a bit confused about A1, A2 and A3. Is there a thread or an image to help me on this?

Click the appropriate link in my signature. It's called "terminology" or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!