IGNORED

Illegal Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 4203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am interested in buying some USGA - illegal golf balls for casual rounds (just to see the difference). They are called Bandit Golf Balls and are illegal because they have a smaller than normal diameter and are heavier than normal.

Has anybody had any experiences with these types of mega distance balls? Do they work?

By "do they work" do you mean are they longer? Certainly. That's why they're not allowed. If you're interested in that type of thing there are all sorts of other ways to cheat that you might want to consider too. I'm sure we could come up with an extensive list for you if you like.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most weekend players won't notice a difference in illegal balls because they don't hit the ball solidly enough with any regularity.  Probably a waste of time..........IMO.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Cheaper to go grab a couple of rocks. We tried them at an outing a couple of years ago. All of us are pretty long off the tee. Them things sucked. You wont see much difference in them unless you putt with them because they are smaller.

Before the R&A; linked up the balls with the USGA, I had a steady supply of 'British Balls' come my way thanks to family who went over all the time and picked up a dozen or two each trip. Didn't announce to anybody- just used them on windy days and to putt... I liked them, individually wrapped in foil like a fine chocolate. Certainly "seemed" like they helped, but scores pretty much averaged out to normal. Probably have a couple laying around in their wrappers someplace, and I probably wouldn't use them since: 1- probably impossible to replace if lost. and 2- they weren't made for today's clubs and would probably flatten and fly like a cayman ball.

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 4203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!