IGNORED

What do you think is better PUBLIC or PRIVATE?

Note: This thread is 6299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For about half of my golfing life i have belonged to a nice privet club with a tavern, pool, putting green, chipping green, ect. But I still remember those days of hopping from course to course and the excitement of each hole because you have never played them. In a way i miss that but im not looking back even though sometimes playing the same course 4 times a week can get boring but I still think there is no better way to improve your short game than to join a CC. But all and all it is a toss up for me.

So POST what you think.........

Driver:907 D2
Woods:None.... to many clubs
Hybrids: Hibore 2i
Irons:nike forged blades (someones as tiger)
Wedges: 52 x-tour, Volkey SM 56, Volkey SM 60Putter: Circa 62 #2Ball: Pro V1x or what ever is in my bagHome Course:http://www.springfieldcc.org/

If I could afford it, I would join a private club. It'd be an excellent opportunity to get to know other people like myself (in such a case--needless to say I'd be...a rich guy if I could join a CC), make golfing friends, as well as provide an excellent place to make a business deal, especially if I were asked to by someone.

It wouldn't stop me from hitting public couses - I will always play at public courses, because there's so many more of them - it's a great thing when you don't know exactly where to place and bounce your ball off every hill imaginable to get the best lies possible. And, they're cheaper, of course.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I am part of a CC. I dont like the people there, i dont like some of the workers, and i dont like all the egos and bragging there. If i would id go to a different country club but all my friends are there. The last week of golfing I kinda get tired of playing the course. But its great cause after being a member there for 3 years you really know the course.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I can/could afford a CC but with public courses like Los Verdes, which I call pebble beaches little public brother, lol, why bother? There are a multitude of very well maintained public courses at least 7 that I can name right now within 30 minutes driving distance, and alot of 9 hole, 3 pars as well which on a weekday cost about $7 U.S. to play....they are fun for a quick play after/before work or practicing short game. As far as golfing season?...this is Southern California, there are no weather "seasons" really except for a few extra days of rain in Jan/Feb....we've had Christmas at 90 degrees....it's always golf/sports season here.

-Adam J.

• Administrator
I play at two private courses (see the sig). The one also happens to be public, actually, but I have a membership.

For me, with the amount of golf I play, a country club type thing only makes sense. It saves me money, even factoring in that we pay dues during the winter.

And I still have enough time and money to play some local public courses a few times per month if I choose.

Nobody can answer this question for you. We don't know your tastes, habits, or financial situation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me, at my age (15), it just simply doesn't make sense to have a junior membership at a club when I can pay 400$ to the city, and be able to play any city course (there are 7 within 20 minutes of my house) for free Monday - Thursday, Friday before noon, Saturday and Sunday after sunday.

So yeah I'm pretty lucky to live in Salt Lake City.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

For me, at my age (15), it just simply doesn't make sense to have a junior membership at a club when I can pay 400$ to the city, and be able to play any city course (there are 7 within 20 minutes of my house) for free Monday - Thursday, Friday before noon, Saturday and Sunday after sunday.

Good point, but where i live some of the courses owned by the government are not cared for and i dont want to pay 21 bucks for a course that doesnt even have a green on the 12th hole (which is actually true on a course near my house). The only courses close to my house are all little par 3 courses, and the one that is close is really in bad shape because the government doesnt care about it.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

There are a lot of great public courses around south east Michigan, however, most of the better ones take a little bit of driving 30-60 minutes to get to. There are a few really nice CC nearby, but I don't have anywhere near the money to be able to join them. Some have initiation fees of 10-20K and up. One question I have for the CC members, do your monthly dues also account for your green fees, or do you have to pay more for that. I imagine you would have to pay for a cart if you want one. If I hit the lotto or if my children like to play golf (long time away) then I can see my self paying, but right now I don't have the option, and I like to play a variety of courses.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

most fully private clubs the green fees are paid for...our fees are about $500/month and that entitles you to full use of all facilities including tennis, pool, workout and dining.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Note: This thread is 6299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!