IGNORED

And I thought about Tour players "These guys are rich"

Rafcin
Note: This thread is 6915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[...]PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem made enough money in 2003 to be eighth on the money list, earning $3.8 million in Golf Digest's annual list of highest-paid nonprofit executives in the golf industry.

Golf Digest used the most recent tax filings to compile the list for its June edition. The top five came from the PGA Tour, with Finchem followed by co-chief operating officers Charlie Zink ($1,156,308) and Ed Moorhouse ($1,156,291). It wasn't clear why Zink made $17 more than Moorhouse in 2003.

Jim Awtrey, outgoing CEO of the PGA of America, was No. 6 on the list at $662,751, while USGA executive director David Fay checked in at No. 8 with a 2003 salary of $563,348 [...]

USGA CEO over makes $500K? I knew there was a reason why I didn't pay my $25 fee this year...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
And yet, compared to other sports and other athletes, one could easily argue that they're under paid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And yet, compared to other sports and other athletes...

The biggest difference is, that PGA Pro HAS TO PREFORM to make money. Not counting the endorsments and sponsorship money (which do exist in other sports - see Le Baron's contract) - if you don't play well - you won't get a penny. Any other sport, you can keep the bench warm or "hide" behind your teamates for half of the season - you still get paid big bucks. Last year the 125th on money leaderboard (last qualified to stay on the tour) made $623,262.00. After all expenses - I'd say I made more net than him last year

I guess it's a shitty job... with all that said - where do I sign up ?

They do get some money. What i think it was 300 thousand or a bit over that the top player got this weekend at the LPGA. Thats in one tournament. And the PGA tour is of course even worse.

These guys are rich. Heck if i could play golf and get that money. I would be doing it.

But wouldnt we all?

Mike Fisher
email me PGAfan790@aol.com

They do get some money...

Only from the sponsors. If you miss the cut - you're not getting a penny from the tournament prize fund...

Note: This thread is 6915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!