IGNORED

Sunglasses?

Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After trying a bunch of different ones I use Maui Jim's for everything...driving (a car), running, tennis, fishing, working out, golf, etc...  I sweat a ton and they stay on without issues.  Their customer service is incredible as well.  This is my favorite pair after owning 3-4 different ones in the last decade:

http://www.mauijim.com/ho-okipa-7032.html

After trying a bunch of different ones I use Maui Jim's for everything...driving (a car), running, tennis, fishing, working out, golf, etc...  I sweat a ton and they stay on without issues.  Their customer service is incredible as well.  This is my favorite pair after owning 3-4 different ones in the last decade: [URL=http://www.mauijim.com/ho-okipa-7032.html]http://www.mauijim.com/ho-okipa-7032.html[/URL]

Maui Jim makes some great glasses. I wear them for driving, cycling, and fishing, but they're all polarized, which, while great on the road and for water sports, I DON'T like for golf. Personal preference....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear Numa sunglasses. I prefer non-polarized lenses due to slight distortion from the polarization. One pair of Numa glasses I wear has interchangeable lenses to allow for sunny or cloudy days. Super light and never slip even when sweaty.

Regardless of what model you pick, I'd suggest checking them out in person with how you look down at a golf ball.    Last summer, I was getting a case of the sh*nks and couldn't figure out why, and it turned out my sunglasses were making me see the ball in the wrong position.    With a proper golf stance, you're not looking straight out at the ball through the center of the lens, but are looking downward at an angle through the lower part of the lens.    I experimented and found that if I tipped the sunglasses in and out of my vision the apparent ball position changed by a good 1/2 inch or more!     And this was using some highly rated Tifosi golf sunglasses that have been well reviewed on this site.

You won't likely find any image distortion when looking straight out through the center of the lens, but looking at an angle through the lower part of the lens you may find this position distortion that I found.    I've seen this issue when trying on some Oakley's, Kaenon, and other highly regarded glasses.   I also saw that the amount of distortion varied when trying on different samples of the same model!   My normal Maui Jim driving sunglasses don't seem to have this problem, but their polarization makes green reading harder.

Originally Posted by Clambake

Regardless of what model you pick, I'd suggest checking them out in person with how you look down at a golf ball.    Last summer, I was getting a case of the sh*nks and couldn't figure out why, and it turned out my sunglasses were making me see the ball in the wrong position.    With a proper golf stance, you're not looking straight out at the ball through the center of the lens, but are looking downward at an angle through the lower part of the lens.    I experimented and found that if I tipped the sunglasses in and out of my vision the apparent ball position changed by a good 1/2 inch or more!     And this was using some highly rated Tifosi golf sunglasses that have been well reviewed on this site.

You won't likely find any image distortion when looking straight out through the center of the lens, but looking at an angle through the lower part of the lens you may find this position distortion that I found.    I've seen this issue when trying on some Oakley's, Kaenon, and other highly regarded glasses.   I also saw that the amount of distortion varied when trying on different samples of the same model!   My normal Maui Jim driving sunglasses don't seem to have this problem, but their polarization makes green reading harder.

I have had this exact same problem.  You have to be very careful to avoid lenses with so much curvature that they distort where the ball is.  Always set up to the ball and then lift your glasses and see if you are still staring at the ball.

I have two pairs that I wear right now.  One is a pair of Smiths and the other are Nike Forge with Golf specific lenses.  They are both very nice and help alot.   Still, I will lift them or take them off on the greens quite a bit.

Had many pairs of sunglasses, but rudy project is probably my favorite.  Wide range of frames/lenses......they make some quality cycling gear as well

I've beat the crap out of my 'suncreeks' the past few summers at the beach (and the rest of the year) and they have been pretty bulletproof, hinges are even still tight

Maybe a little pricier, but they often have deals.....

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/sunglasses_landing.php?group_id=1

i have a black pair of oakley radars with smoke lenses and a pair of oakley jawbones in white with iridium lenses,the latter which i prefer to use for cycling..the radars are nice and simple and hang loose over they bridge,secure enough to stay on but there rimless on the lower half of the the lense so its like your not wearing anything..i feel less pressure on my face and temples with these to.

1) Lens quality

2) Almost equally important is the fit. Make sure the frame fits you. Make sure the bottom edge of the lens isn't too short at address to where it interferes with line of sight with the ball.

3) Polarized lenses can interfere with reading greens. It takes the glare off the grass but sometimes that is a visual clue to grain and slope.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!