IGNORED

My Swing (LCaudillo)

LCaudillo
Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 months

My current handicap index or average score is: N/A

My typical ball flight is: Fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Straight Slice + Push Slice

I never touched a golf club before this summer. I have undergone several drastic swing changes in a short period of time, but below is more or less the swing I'm using now.

This one was a pretty extreme straight-slice to about 180 yards. It's frustrating to mostly push slice it because that 1 straight ball out of 50 goes 280 yards -- I am wasting a lot of power and giving up a lot of distance because of the slice.

I suspect I have an out-to-in swing path, but it doesn't seem I am coming over the top. Sometimes I think i stand too close to the ball, but I still slice it standing farther away. I have tried playing the ball farther back in my stance, but that doesn't seem to work either.

This swing at address:

Ball positioned off the left toe

Using the Varden Grip medium-to-strong

I apologize for the poor angle and the grass, but there was no one to help tape at my empty driving range!

Please help me fix my slice!

Videos:

Need more video - particularly one from in front.

Good news is, you've got a beautiful swing for someone who has been playing as short a time as you.  Good things are in your future.

Lots of things could be causing your slice.  It may be you're swaying, your weight is staying too far back, your hands aren't turning over at the right moment or you're getting out in front of the ball, etc. Can't tell without more video.

Okay, as requested, see front view swings from earlier this month. One normal speed, the other slomo with swings in the same order.

This tee is 3.5 inches, maybe .5 inch or so taller than I would tee on the course or the range. That may affect my swing.

I am also including a couple screen caps at impact. It seems to me that my hands might be a bit out in front. I am not sure if the club face is open a bit, curious to hear what you guys think. My right arm should also be a bit straighter, not sure how to fix that. My hips perhaps don't turn quickly enough in the downswing.

Here are my swing thoughts: 1. Look at the club with the left eye 2. extend arms all the way in the backswing 3. Compress core into downswing for power (slightly increasing shoulder angle) 4. Do not move head 5. fire the right wrist to square the clubface quicker 6. Keep the head behind the ball even as power moves into impact and to the left. 7. Clear the left hip and fire the right hip. 8. Smooth follow through

I have made alot of progress, but my slice doesn't allow me to get off the tee. Please help!

You are snatching the club way to the inside on the start of the back swing.  Club head goes way inside the hands on the take away causing you to come over the top on the first move down on the down swing.  Work on feeling that the hands stay inside the club head on the start of the back swing.  Read through this thread

http://thesandtrap.com/t/53724/the-ps-positions-or-as-alignments-in-the-golf-swing to see what position you need to generally be in to be more consistent.  Good luck

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!