IGNORED

Question About Purchasing Clubs - Fitting, New Clubs and Used Clubs

Note: This thread is 4205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've searched the forum for fitting, new and used club information but couldn't find a direct answer to my question. I've only been playing golf for a few months but have been fortunate to get a decent amount of playing time. I have taken two lessons with a PGA Pro, played 10 rounds of golf and visited the driving range several times.

I've decided that I would really like to get fitted for a set of clubs at the end of the year. I don't mind purchasing new clubs, but feel like I can get a much better deal online at places like rockbottomgolf, golfdiscount and even used from reputable Ebay sellers. In order to get fitted properly it is my undersanding that I should test various clubs before making a decision and having adjustments made. If I do this I feel that you are obligated to purchase the clubs from the fitter. Would I save enough money on say a free fitting to make up for the additional cost of the clubs? If not I wouldn't mind purchasing a lightly used set. I also don't know i'm a regular or stiff flex since I don't know my swing speed yet.

I'm not expecting the clubs to improve my game or change my golf swing, but I do feel I could benefit from getting fitted. I would like to purchase a better set of clubs and get properly fitted and use them for several years.

I've been eyeing the following, but haven't gotten to swing any of these clubs:

-TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Irons 5-PW, 3 & 4 Hybrids

-TaylorMade R11 Irons used on Craigslist $350 4-PW

-TaylorMade R11 Driver

-TaylorMade Superfast 2.0 Driver

-Titleist AP2 Iron Set

I obviously find TaylorMade appealing, but any club recommendations would be great as well.

I'm in the $300-400 range for irons or $500-600 range with hybrids included. For my driver I would be in the $200 range and haven't put a price on the rest of my clubs including 3 wood, putter and wedges.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeff

Note: This thread is 4205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!