IGNORED

3BAYS GSA PRO - anyone have it

Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just bought the GSA Putt for our golf school at the PGA show.  I'm sitting in the house now watching 5 PGA class A pros playing putting games with it and having a ball.  Its greatly accurate, and we are using it with high speed video analysis equipment... its damn near perfect.  You avid golfer this is a great tool.  For $199 you cannot beat this device.  I tested the Ping one, the swingbyte, the GSA is easier to use, has better online features, such as video to over lay, (the video isn't available to the public yet but will be soon and its just an update to the app), the storage and it will be a great teaching tool for my father.

The SAM is a great device... but its also $25,000.00... yes that's 25 GRAND... it provides more information then the normal non-engineer could ever need or use.  Its far better then my TOMI, I highly recommend it.

PS... I have a TOMI Pro for sale, I bought it for $600 (PGA price) selling it with 2 cameras for $150!!!  I no longer need it!

• 2 weeks later...

3Bays GSA Pro will tell you carry distance. All the other stats and measurements are great but knowing your carry distance is vital. Look at the previous post by Beachcomber. It shows the carry distance on the screen. Then read the post by my friend DaggerSA (he purchased the 3Bays GSA and we tested it and still use it) right after Beachcomber. I posted after that but I came back to add this information.

For $199 you can't beat the combination of the Golf Swing Analyzer AND knowing your carry distance like a launch monitor. Go ahead. I challenge you.

I don't know why 3Bays doesn't advertise that because the rest of the "attach to the club" swing analyzers must be combined with Trackman or GC2 (launch monitors) to see carry distance.

SwingByte is great and syncs your swing with video of YOU making the swing. SwingByte is the best product in this category. If it gave us carry distance it would be PERFECT.

SkyPro gives you GROOVE MODE so that you can copy your not so perfect swing that gives you the results you like. My 3 wood has 2 Alerts (flaws) with a 237 yard carry, 255 total yards, and 18 yards off center fade (verified by GC2 at Golfsmith). This swing is captured in SkyPro. Groove Mode allows me to practice that unique swing so my play and score gets better much QUICKER with MY OWN not so perfect swing. But it has no carry distance (yes I own a SkyPro swing analyzer).

Good Luck

Actually it has a fixed smash factor and makes an educated guess of your carry distance based on the club head speed. It can't see if you hit the ball well or not, or if you even hit a ball at all for that matter. I think Swing Byte gives you clubhead speed as well? if it does you could extrapolate the carry distance just like the 3Bays unit does yourself.

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!