• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
0ldblu3

What are the economics of golf carts?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've looked around on some threads and I see that it is a pretty consistent cart charge of $10 to $20. So what is the course making on this? I take it that few of them actually own the carts, they rent them from a company that provides maintenance and insurance (??). Anyone know the breakdown on costs and profits?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I guess it's a major source of income for a glorified bag, beer and cel phone carrier.

Sure would rather give $20 to a high school kid and get some exercise.

Caddies have gone the way of the fax machine.

It's hard to know for sure but it looks like a basic Club Car electric cart is $6-7K. Lets say each gets used on average 2X/day (more on a weekend) in foursomes with a cost of $40.00/round (each rider pays the $20.00 fee). That's $80.00/day. In Michigan where I live golf is played basically from May to October so 5 months or 150 days. Conservatively that's cart income of $12K/year. Of course these figures may be way off and there are the costs of electricity and maintenance. I don't know the life of an electric cart but it's probably a long time and we'll sat conservatively 5 years. You can see, even if my numbers are way off, an electric cart is a great investment for a golf course.