IGNORED

The perfect Christmas present for my husband?

Note: This thread is 4134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So getting to that time of year again and I've left it a bit late.  I've always thought I was a golf nut but of course my husband takes the crown! What to get the man who has everything?  Came across GolfRedefined.com and thought it would be perfect for him.  Any driver he wants and he can swap them out at will.  They seem new so wondering if anyone has anything negative to say.  Need an answer ASAP but will still try them out I think...seems like no commitment period etc.

I looked at golfredefined.com the other day and in the end, I didn't feel it was worth it IMO.  It would be good to demo a driver in actual play before committing to buy it, but that's about it.  It's like $40/month for access to the better drivers.  On top of that it's $15 for shipping each time you get a different club.  You could easily spend 4-500 bucks in a season on this and in the end have nothing to show for it.  Also when you think about it, once I find a Driver I hit consistently and get the feel of it, I don't want to be going through that process with a whole different club every couple weeks or month.

It's not a bad concept, but it just doesn't make sense IMO.  However, you know your husband better than me, so if you think he'd enjoy this, go for it!

Alternatives could be gift cards/rounds/season passes to a local course or range that he likes.  And then there is all the other things like balls, clubs, shoes, clothing, etc. that are all good options as well.

I will add though, that it can make economic sense for certain golfers, for instance:

If you usually buy a new driver every year, that runs around 3-400 bucks and if you live in an area with a golfing season of 6 months, you could do the "hole-in-one" for $200.

Then at the end of your season, send the club back and cancel your membership.  This COULD save you 100 bucks or so, depending on what a used club would go for.  Of course if you are constantly switching out clubs at 15 bucks a piece that goes away quickly.

Similar concept to why leasing a car makes more sense if you buy a brand new car every two years.

Thanks Eich41.  Well my husband certainly has no problem spending on golf! so I am guessing the fact that he has 3 drivers sitting in our garage means he likes trying them out :)  Seems like there are no restrictions at all on the length of membership so I think it's a pretty cool way to be able to demo the various drivers etc.  And all for a price (per month) than a set of Titleist ProV1x balls I'm sure he'll love it!

Originally Posted by SusanLawless

Thanks Eich41.  Well my husband certainly has no problem spending on golf! so I am guessing the fact that he has 3 drivers sitting in our garage means he likes trying them out :)  Seems like there are no restrictions at all on the length of membership so I think it's a pretty cool way to be able to demo the various drivers etc.  And all for a price (per month) than a set of Titleist ProV1x balls   I'm sure he'll love it!

I'm sure he'll enjoy it.  I was evaluating it more based on the fact that I'd be buying it and the value it would provide me personally.  And as I mentioned, once I find a driver I hit consistently well, I stick with it.  But I do also know guys who are constantly buying and trying new clubs, so it's the old different strokes for different folks!

Interesting - just checked out golf redefined myself and have signed up.  Love the idea and a great way to try out different drivers...Eich - I think you hit the nail on the head when you say "once I find"...I think golf redefined is a great way to "find" the driver that suits you...anyway happy holidays to all

Just bought a membership package at golfredefined.com for my father for Christmas.  Love the idea and makes it easy on me.  He's a mad golf fanatic so I am sure the ability to try out different drivers is going to make for a big surprise on the 25th!

Note: This thread is 4134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!