• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alaleksic

hi all

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I am a new golfer. I got a green card in September. My handicap is 54 by EGA System. I come from Serbia, Europe. My English is poor but I hope that we can handle.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I had a hard time doing the hip thing. What happened was starting the swing with the arms. Now I start my swing by literally attacking with my right shoulder to the ball and just ignoring the club, hands, arms. The effect is, the hip is pushed out of the way, it just has to anatomically, the right elbow comes in before the body and you get in a position where you can give it smack with the right side.  So yes for me it is a start with the upper body the thing that is said to be a nono.  Its really just an approach from the other side to clear the hips. Worth a try. I love it.
    • When you say with the right shoulder you mean staying connected with the hips though? Not rotating the uper body 1st right? I really struggle with the legs / knees doing what they're supposed to.
    • Ok. I think I made big progress now. I practised swinging with speed yesterday (without hitting the ball) and measuring club head speed. What I noticed is that rotating my hips and body faster did nothing for speed. But keeping my wrists and arms loose and do everything from there gave at least 10 mph more speed. Also I worked on my timing. I measured 80 with my 7 iron, and around 85 with my 5. Could not measure my driver at home though. Today at the range I hit the ball around 200-220 yards with my seven iron which is pretty insane compared to how far hit it before. I was doing this on hard practise mats though. So on the fairway this might be less. Also I used a lot of lag. So my 7 iron probably behaved more like 6 or even 5 iron. Ok. Now for the driver. I did some corrections to my hand position and stance. No slice anymore which of course makes the ball flight straighter and longer. I hit is pretty consistently 220 yards. Which is pretty interesting since this is NOT a lot of longer than I hit my 7 iron. I also tried my Hybrid (its like a 4 iron) but did only gain about 10m of distance and more much inconsistent shots. Now I took your advice and tried a 3 wood. Wow you were right. I hit the ball 240 yards.  Whats is all means to me that I could probably hit the driver 250 yards or more but at the moment I still have a swing problem with this. I should mention that I use a very cheap driver from a complete Wilson set (whole set around $300). Maybe my timing with arms and wirst are just wrong with the driver.  Could also be the driver itself. But I doubt it since I hit the 3 wood from the same Wilson set much longer it seems.
    • do the hipslide by attacking with right shoulder, some find it easier. Try it it also presses the hip away just passively. 
    • Hopefully won't get into trouble for bumping an older thread but this is awesome. I'm working on hipslide, infact I'm obsessed with hipslide. I'm a s&t player so the hipslide is key part of the process for me at the moment. Any of you high HC players onto any feelings that help you get this down?  Finding it so hard to nail. I'm a feeling player and the info the coach has given me all makes total sense but unless I can get a feeling to work towards its hit and miss.  Cheers. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dresilved
      Dresilved
      (51 years old)
    2. kpetrina
      kpetrina
      (24 years old)
    3. Luana
      Luana
      (38 years old)