IGNORED

So... what exactly am I good at?

ILLZ
Note: This thread is 6142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh...and you are not a short hitter. I would put you smack dab in the average category. In fact, your distances are exactly what I hit my clubs.

Remember that most people exaggerate their distances. Don't worry about what clubs you hit compared to other people. Just know your distances.

Burner 10.5° (Mitsu Fubuki 63TPR)
QuadPro 13° 3W (ProForce65 S-flex)
Snake Eyes Viper450 22° 7W (ProForce75 S-flex)
755 forged (Tri-Spec stiff)
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56°/10° Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 62°/4° i-Series Half Moon Tour B330

Oh...my bad. Didn't read correctly.

Then that changes the logic a bit and puts more pressure on your approach game to get better (your GIR is lower than fairways hit by almost half). But, the tee/penalty logic still stands.

Sorry about the mis-read....hey, it's much like my putting.

Burner 10.5° (Mitsu Fubuki 63TPR)
QuadPro 13° 3W (ProForce65 S-flex)
Snake Eyes Viper450 22° 7W (ProForce75 S-flex)
755 forged (Tri-Spec stiff)
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56°/10° Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 62°/4° i-Series Half Moon Tour B330

Thanks again for all the replies... they're all very useful. As far as distance is concerned, 160 for a 6-iron is maxed out. That's not my standard 6-iron. More like 150-155 is average for a well hit shot. I was under the impression that I was a short hitter, perhaps not? And as for what I'm taking away from this entire thread... I think I'm a great chipper, but do I have anything to base that on except personal feeling? No. From now on, I'm going to start to track my chipping. It's obviously discretionary, but I'm going to decide if each chip gave me a realistic up-and-down opportunity, and I'll go from there. My suspicion is that I AM a great chipper, and I'm THAT MUCH WORSE at putting than I thought.

Home Course:
Town of Colonie (69.7-70.1, 119-125)

Track all of your chips as whether or not you get it up and down. This throws putting into the mix too, but it is a true reflection on how well you are chipping it. It will avg. out when you make that 10 footer and you miss the 3 footer. This will tell you exactly how often you get up and down when you hit your approach near the green, regardless of whether the up and down is for par, bogey, etc.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I'm a 19 handicap too, so I figure I'd give you my stats and you can compare if you'd like:

Fairways: 45%
GIR: 15%
Putts/Hole: 1.84
Up/Down: 25.4%
Sand Saves: 27.5%

Distances:
Driver: 230-260 range, with an occasional 275 blast
5 Iron: 180ish
7 Iron: 160ish
9 Iron: 135ish

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

Note: This thread is 6142 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!