IGNORED

Formula 1?

Ben
Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Boy, Glock looked like he was paid off. He made it all the way to the last 2 corners without too much problem, then Hamilton passed him like he was sitting still.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, Glock looked like he was paid off. He made it all the way to the last 2 corners without too much problem, then Hamilton passed him like he was sitting still.

Neither Glock nor his teammate, Trulli, stopped for wet tires in the closing laps. They didn't stand a chance once the rain picked up. Both Toyotas registered the same time on the final lap, so consider that theory quashed.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The spectacle was great and you couldn't have got a more tense finish to the season but I'm afraid I don't understand the F1 bug anymore. For a lot of years now, it has come down to team strategy and who has the fastest pit crew. Where is the track overtaking?? Apart from the starts there is next to none. Yesterday was a bit different due to the weather.

Give me the MotoGP or Touring Cars any day for on-track racing.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Changes may be coming as far as passing, Misty. The 2009 season sees the return of slicks instead of grooved dry-weather tires. They are also supposed to be limiting the amount of aerodynamic grip (downforce) you can have and focusing more on mechanical grip (tires, suspension). We may see more overtaking next year, especially on the straights.

Changes may be coming as far as passing, Misty.

I can hope!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, looks like my city (Montreal) is losing our Grand Prix. What a shame, it was a weekend of nothing but hot babes and a huge economic influx for the city. First the Expos, now this!

Well, looks like my city (Montreal) is losing our Grand Prix. What a shame, it was a weekend of nothing but hot babes and a huge economic influx for the city. First the Expos, now this!

Wow, really. I didn't hear that. After going to the USGP (my first) in 2007, it wasn't on the agenda this year. I was really bummed to hear that. My friends and I that went together were talking about making it to Montreal... Guess not... I guess it'll just have to be Monte Carlo! I'd really love to check out that Singapore night race though too.

As far as MotoGP goes, Misty, my sister's fiance is into that and got me watching. That's some pretty exciting stuff to watch. I like that in the sense that anyone could buy themselves a bike and whip around a track like those guys (with enough practice and experience of course). Whereas that is most certainly not the case with Formula 1. I don't know many people that have $10M to plunk down on a car. How about Rally? I don't know why it disappeared from the Speed Channel's broadcast?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

My first and only USGP experience was the 2005 race where all but 6 cars pulled out due to a potential tire problem. You couldn't even call it a race. It was Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi. It was basically Ferrari running practice laps and lapping the other four cars at will. Not a good time.

• 4 weeks later...
Guys, go to -planetf1.com- . If you haven't already seen them, there are some pictures from the first test session with the new cars (Barcelona). I'm glad to see the little flutes and upturns in the bodywork go, but I'm not too sure I like the look of the new front and rear wings... All in all, though, a cleaner looking car, in my opinion...
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• 4 months later...
Formula 1 season is back!

My boy Kubica was sitting pretty for a podium finish. Was. What a crappy piece of driving at the end. I almost had a heartattack.

The cars, I think they look good and bad. Like geezer said, clean looking. I think the rear wing looks fantastic, the front wing though... That's going to take a little getting used to. At least on the aerial shots of the cars. Its funny to see them sticking wide out past the wheels.

BrawnGP. Holy cow. I haven't really been keeping up in the off season, but the guys on SpeedTV did a good job explaining the story. Brand new team and a 1, 2 finish, pretty spectacular. Their car looks great too. All white with that crazy yellow. The yellow really popped in the shadows of the end of the day though. Button and Barrichello driving? I think its a great idea. Veterans in their prime that know the tracks. Now in super cars.

This season looks like its going to be good!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I dunno what Kubica was thinking! He had Vettel on the outside, there was little need to pressure him so hard when he'd already committed to a breaking line... Silly mistake cost him (both of them, actually) alot of points... :/

Can't say I'm happy to see Button winning though... Though I've got to give credit to the car, if it is good enough to allow mr. average himself actually win a race, lol.
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Interesting race, cars sure are ugly though this year (the small rear wing looks pathetic, along with the nosecone features on most all cars), they looked awesome the past couple years. Ferrari and McLaren have got to be pissed about the rear diffuser issue on some cars.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I'm actually already past caring about the new looks.
I do agree that they were better looking (overall) last year, but I'm glad tosee the back of the little aerodynamic flutes and upswept channels in the bodywork. The only part of the cars this year that I don't like is the front wing (with the size of those things a front wing change is bound to take an eternity now).

As for the diffuser, it'll probably only take the likes of Ferrari and co. a few races to develop one of their own, now that they know that sort of thing is legal.
Whats in the bag:

• 11 months later...
Its back! And looks awfully exciting. All these new teams and driver changes to root for. Althought they don't look like they'll do much, its nice to see the green and yellow of LotusGP. Schumi back for Mercedes-Maclaren. BMW kinda in with Sauber chasis but Ferrari engines? I'm officially rooting for Renault this year. My Mom's family is Polish and my Dad's is Russian, Kubica and Petrov, kinda works. This whole no re-fueling rule is going to be interesting as well. And I wanna see some of these 2-second pit stops I've been hearing about.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Another sign that golf takes up too much of my time: I didn't realize the Formula 1 season started this weekend, and I don't recognize half of the teams on the grid.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I knew it was back, but i didnt feel like getting up at 6:30 to watch the race. Im going to make it a point to catch the Austrialian GP though. The Mclaren this year looks more like an aircraft than a race car... I dissapointed the USF1 team couldnt get their shit together. Its unlikley that is ever going to happen, now.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I dissapointed the USF1 team couldnt get their shit together. Its unlikley that is ever going to happen, now.

Poor Peter Windsor! How much money do you think he plunked down as a team principal only to have it all crumble a week before the opening race. I was excited to have a home team to root for. Oh well.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Poor Peter Windsor! How much money do you think he plunked down as a team principal only to have it all crumble a week before the opening race. I was excited to have a home team to root for. Oh well.

I dunno. Something went horribly wrong. The car was based off the Super Aguri SA08, so it wasnt like they were building from scratch. And they they had full engine support from Cosworth.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 4741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!