• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Brandnewgolfer

Hi everyone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Popular Now

• Yeah, like what dzclarkcpa was saying, alot depends on the grass and the setup of the course. So many different variables come into play and it really just takes experience to learn how to play out of the rough. If you know a grass range that has some thicker grass on it, practice some there and see what it does to your ball flight and distances.  But generally, the more of the back of the ball you can see, the better you'll be able to control it. That doesn't always mean you'd able to hit your normal full swing shot, but it could mean you can play it differently with reasonable control. 
    • Welcome to TST! Maybe @nevets88 can give you some info on golf around NYC.
    • Hi everyone, I'm a Brit living in New York City. Been on and off golfing for a few years but until this summer had been 'off' for a good 6 years or so.  It's not super easy golfing in the city (nor was it back in London) but I've been able to get a few rounds in this summer at Rockaway Hunting Club and Garden City Country Club plus a round in Vegas at the Bali Hai. Hoping to explore some of the Muni courses around the city before the weather here gets too hostile. Best round this summer was a 95, hoping to get down a little closer to 90 if I get the chance this year. Cheers!
    • There you go, no nerves at all. I know how much time they spend on it. It ain't much. I've coached and worked with players on the PGA Tour, European Tour, LPGA Tour… high-level college players. @mvmac can ask Xander how much time he spends on his full swing vs. his mental game. Guess what: in the 65/20/15 ratio… we included the mental game. It just rounded down to zero is all. You're missing the bigger picture. A poor mental game does not turn a PGA or LPGA Tour player into a 20 handicapper. The mental game is a tiny portion of the overall performance. And you apparently play with schmucks. Oh, we just get to declare things now as truth? Let me try… "His quote is not at all accurate. Not literally, not figuratively, not in any way." I have never said that the mental game can't have any impact ever. And @bones75, you're not agreeing with me at all, so please stop saying you are. The one who performs physically better. On the PGA Tour, the hottest putter out of the best ballstrikers that week. This is a really bad point you're trying to make. Your premise is wrong. They have different physical abilities.
    • while gripping down to shorten effective shaft length is acceptable and can yield good results in terms of more control, you also need to be mindful of the effect of the excess grip above the fulcrum (wrists) acts as a counter-weight. For some this will have no ill effects, others it may come into play. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. CoachB25
      CoachB25
      (60 years old)
    2. Fsgolfer
      Fsgolfer
      (61 years old)
    3. Zach
      Zach
      (27 years old)