IGNORED

Job fair at local course.

Neu16
Note: This thread is 4086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To begin, Im 22 years and have only been golfing casually for the past three years. With that said, I'm not exactly a golf expert. I'm just looking for part time work and free golf sounds good too :p I live in Michigan and with the golf season fast approaching, one of my local municipal courses (my city runs two courses) are trying to fill seasonal positions. A little about the course: it is the better managed and more expensive of the two courses but still cheap ($31 for 18 and cart). Has a restaraunt and hosts banquets, tournaments, weddings. Does not have a dress code. Positions available: Players assistant Pro shop attendant Rangers Starters (have no idea what this is) Servers Line Cooks Beverage cart attendants Snack Bar attendants I'm just curious whether anyone has ever interviewed for a position at a local casual course and can give me some tip. Dress in golf attire (golf shoes, khakis, polo, golf jacket)? Or dress in suit in tie? Also what are some questions they might ask? These arent proffessional job positions so I'm probably over estimating thier expectations but I want to be prepared. Thanks in advance.

When I was 19 or 20 I wanted a part time job at a course as a time easter, and to make a few extra $$ along the way. I just helped with carts and range, and was laid back/casual. I recommend a nice pair of khakis with a polo or dress slacks with a longsleeve. Golf shoes/tie are not fully necessary, in my opinion. On the other hand, if you have an interview to be an IT network admin, then yes, suite and tie all the way. Have fun, it was a nice experience with NO stress when I worked at the local course

My personal opinion on the interview is to wear a suit and tie. In my mind, it shows your potential employers that you're serious about the job, and didn't just wander in on a whim. A few years back when I was between jobs in my field, I applied to a local amusement park (similar to Six Flags, but a bit smaller) for one of the entry-level, ride operator positions and wore a suit and tie to that. That being said, if this is a job fair, an mentioned in the post title (my idea of a job fair is a place with a bunch of booths for various jobs set up where they will give you info on the jobs and maybe schedule an interview if they are interested), I would think a nice pair of khakis and a nice polo would be totally appropriate.

Originally Posted by Neu16

Starters (have no idea what this is)

It is the guy at the first tee box who makes sure all the groups get on the course in the correct order/ tee time etc. The duties change from place to place, I work as a starter and pro shop attendant at a course. I prefer starter, I get to meet a lot of good people.

Originally Posted by Neu16

I'm just curious whether anyone has ever interviewed for a position at a local casual course and can give me some tip. Dress in golf attire (golf shoes, khakis, polo, golf jacket)? Or dress in suit in tie? Also what are some questions they might ask? These arent proffessional job positions so I'm probably over estimating thier expectations but I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance.

Suit and tie are not necessary. Dress in nice golf attire; well pressed golf pants and a golf shirt. Wear what you would wear if you were to play golf at a high end country club. They might want to know your experience and knowledge about the game.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A suit and tie are definitely NOT necessary............

Just be sure to be neat and clean in appearance.   A pair of slacks and a nice shirt will be fine.......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Just be sure to be neat and clean in appearance.   A pair of slacks and a nice shirt will be fine.......

I would add to this, probably wear a golf shirt and maybe a blue blazer. Clothing tip for interviews is to dress well for the positon, but don't overdress.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I may be overdoing it here (and please others with more experience at golf courses chime in) but you might want to put together a simple one page resume. Maybe this way you'll stand out from the others who just show up and fill out an application. Just a thought.

Make sure you have a good appearance, clean shaven, pressed pants, long sleeve shirt, etc. etc. Maybe a sport coat, no tie.

I would go for the Pro Shop Attendant. You meet a lot of people, get to know the Pro, and have something to put on your resume when you go for a job later on.

Note: This thread is 4086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!