IGNORED

Taylormade R1

Na5carr3
Note: This thread is 3819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mchepp

I am still hitting mine and I still like it. That being said everyone will be different.

I completely agree with this. I just think it's a shame to get on a monitor with good results and the golf course shows something completely different. I hope you enjoy your R1, it just wasn't for me.

Driver      -  K15 10.5 w/ Ping TFC149D Shaft in stiff

4 Wood   -  Rapture V2 17.5* Aldila S-75

Hybrid    -   Super Hybrid SS 19* w/ Matrix Program

Irons      -   i20's 3-W, UW, SW & LW w/ KBS Tour Stiff +1/2" White Dot

Putter    -   White Ice #9 33"

Ball       -   B330-S & B330-RXS

D2 Feel

Bragging about a 200 yard 7 iron is not golf.

I am getting accustomed to the R1. But any issues are more changes to my setup and swing than the club. I did notice that the faster you swing, the better it feels...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...

If you hate the driver solely on the sound factor, introduce yourself to hot melt. You can dull the sound with 1 gram of hot melt applied to the head, with no impact to your swing (even better, you can have it placed to help your ball flight).

If you have other reasons to hate it, then go ahead and hate away! I went through 5 different fairway woods in 2 seasons, and finally found the right one. I'm sure the other 4 would fit form and functional someone else's swing type.

At any rate, I hit one at golf smith and fell in love (mine is in the mail, as I hate buying anything at full retail). I dont really like the sound coming off of my Cobra ZL, which I must admit has the best sound off a driver I have ever heard.

As for design and graphic, I totally agree. I look at the ball, but damn that thing is distracting. For those in that category, it is NOW OUT IN BLACK as of June! with the infamous "ghost lineup graphic thing" in a muted grey. Mine is in the mail, and i have to admit i waited for it to come out in black before i thought about buying it when i heard rumors it was going to happen.

Happy golfing! I hope I enjoy being part of the R1 family. I'll stop back with my take either way.

If you hate the driver solely on the sound factor, introduce yourself to hot melt. You can dull the sound with 1 gram of hot melt applied to the head, with no impact to your swing (even better, you can have it placed to help your ball flight).

If you have other reasons to hate it, then go ahead and hate away! I went through 5 different fairway woods in 2 seasons, and finally found the right one. I'm sure the other 4 would fit form and functional someone else's swing type.

At any rate, I hit one at golf smith and fell in love (mine is in the mail, as I hate buying anything at full retail). I dont really like the sound coming off of my Cobra ZL, which I must admit has the best sound off a driver I have ever heard.

As for design and graphic, I totally agree. I look at the ball, but damn that thing is distracting. For those in that category, it is NOW OUT IN BLACK as of June! with the infamous "ghost lineup graphic thing" in a muted grey. Mine is in the mail, and i have to admit i waited for it to come out in black before i thought about buying it when i heard rumors it was going to happen.

Happy golfing! I hope I enjoy being part of the R1 family. I'll stop back with my take either way.

No problem with the white ... my focus is elsewhere. My R1 has hot melt.

It's a good driver for a good player ... slightly out of my league, but as my swing gets better, it's easier.

I have an XHot/XCon 5 Combo picked up for a relative song, against the R1. The XHot has a deep thwack and allows me to get away with more...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!