IGNORED

Forearm Rotation to square the club face!?

Goinglow59
Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Guys,

I am new to sandtrap and I am pumped! For the last two weeks I have only been hitting really low duck hooks, I took a video of my golf swing and saw that my club face was dead shut at the top, my left wrist only had a little bow in it and I was very confused. Moreover, I remembered working with an instructor about 6 months ago and he told me to rotate my left wrist and forearm to square the face. I am wondering what you guys think about rotating left wrist/forearm to square face?

PS. I am sorry for just trying to get help with out posting in any of the forums!(I will be posting in all of the forum!)

Swing With more left wrist rotation but I can still do more:

Regular Swing:

I've always thought that the shoulder turn is what gets the forearms in proper position. Any conscious rotation is difficult to control.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It looks like you actually are closed at the top, but the interesting thing is that it doesn't look (to me) like your wrist is that bowed. Is your left hand grip really strong? You could try weakening your left hand just a little bit.

Can anyone offer any thoughts as to how it looks that closed when the wrist is relatively flat?

The club gets to the correct position at the top becuase of the elbow folding. You want the feel of your elbow almost mimicking the movement if you were to pull start a lawnmower. It moves back behind you. This is what gets the face squared up.

I like big putts and I cannot lie.

The elbow folds immediately off the ball. As you do this two things will happen

1. The elbow movement behind you forces the shoulders to turn. ie a "full" shoulder turn

2. Your wrist's will want to set, let that happen, its power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI-l7GlZhss

Watch zhang rehearse the elbow movement in the early parts of the video.

Good Luck

I like big putts and I cannot lie.

the swing can only be as wide as you left arm is long. So as long as you keep the left arm as straight as possible, you are maximizing the width of your swing.

Titleist 910D3 - 9.5°- Ahina Stiff
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3Wood - Proforce V2 Stiff

Taylormade Burner 5W - Proforce V2 Stiff
910D 21° 3h - Ahina Stiff

Titleist 712 AP2 - KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey - 52* & 56*

Odyssey White Hot #1 XG

X's or B330's

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!