IGNORED

Bradley sick of being called cheater, tired of ban talk

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mp33 man

If someone views the anchored putter as cheating then clearly they aren't informed. The same way square grooves weren't outlawed until the rule book said so. Phil figured this out and was scoffed at fir being a savvy golfer. If you couldn't tell I think the rule change is stupid.

Square grooves still aren't prohibited for regular amateurs.  That isn't supposed to go into effect until 2024 for grandfathered wedges.  New wedges are required to have the new grooves.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Square grooves still aren't prohibited for regular amateurs.  That isn't supposed to go into effect until 2024 for grandfathered wedges.  New wedges are required to have the new grooves.

I've got box grooves to last till 2024! (Maybe... not that it really matters to us amateurs!)

I'll have to start closely but discretely examining my partners' grooves (clubs in bag). When I'm falling well behind as usual and if they're square, I'll just pop the surprise question ("aren't those grooves ILLEGAL?") and watch as the bogeys start to flow.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

"The long putter helps people make putts under pressure" -Gary Player I don't think anchoring is fair, eventually we could just make a laser that aims it for us, or a track for our irons to ride on so we don't have to swing freely...

Sorry, eating and trying to post. Last time I checked the "spirit of the game" is to get the ball in the hole. I don't know if you have ever tried to use a long putter but it still takes a lot of practice. If the anchored putter "helps people make putts" then why are the top putters on tour not using them and why isn't everyone using them. I mean if you really want to stay un the spirit of the game then we should all be made to use blades and/or wooden drivers... At the same time we should probably take alignment aids off of golf balls.

Ah yes, but are you a "pissed off would-be belly putter user?" :>)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!