IGNORED

Bradley sick of being called cheater, tired of ban talk

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Much ado about nothing? Cat calls from drunks in the crowd? The same guy yelling "get some" "mash potato" "get in the hole" "youda man"?

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/randall-mell/bradley-sick-of-being-called-a-cheater-tired-of-ban-talk/

Much ado about nothing? Cat calls from drunks in the crowd? The same guy yelling "get some" "mash potato" "get in the hole" "youda man"?

I wouldn't say much ado about nothing. I can't think of many things more hateful or inflammatory than calling a professional golfer, a cheater. Unfortunately, there are idiots everywhere. Even amongst golf fans.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah. Nobody likes being called a liar or cheater. That gets ME upset for sure. The guy yelling mashed potatoes is a dipshit, but at least he's not challenging the players' integrity. That's way out of line. FWIW, I support the anchoring ban. However, anchoring the putter has never been, and is not (yet) cheating. To insinuate that is out of control, IMO.

I wont use a long putter and think they look silly being used. That said, I don't think there is an advantage when they are available to everyone just like hybrids and 460cc forged composite adjustable drivers. As for Keegan, he's good enough to putt with a real putter. He knows it's coming, just suck it up and make the change now. That way he wont have to worry about being called a cheater and he can stick it in their faces when he wins without a long putter.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

If Bradley really does have a problem with some ignorant SOB calling him a cheater now and then he's got bigger problems than changing his putting style if the ban goes into effect.  The guy needs to grow a thicker skin and learn to ignore people who shouldn't be given the time of day.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by sofingaw

Yeah. Nobody likes being called a liar or cheater. That gets ME upset for sure.

The guy yelling mashed potatoes is a dipshit, but at least he's not challenging the players' integrity. That's way out of line.

FWIW, I support the anchoring ban. However, anchoring the putter has never been, and is not (yet) cheating. To insinuate that is out of control, IMO.

I'd consider the source before getting upset. If a drunk guy yells out at a tourney, there isn't much you can do about it - and complaining about it on twitter only adds fuel to the fire.

Keegan is young, and he is only fanning the flames by saying publicly that it bothers him.

As stated already, consider the source - the haters have psychological issues - they need attention and/or envy a pro golfer's life and lifestyle ... it's their only way to "get back" at people who have what they do not have. It gives them power.

So - my advice to Keegan is to take away that power - ignore them - be happy within, and don't care about haters. And that advice is the same for all of us - have the wisdom to learn, know and understand yourself, find happiness within, and it doesn't matter what outsiders say. Don't give them that power over you.

As I said, Keegan is young. The process is sometimes a long one. Most never learn, some strive to learn and succeed in various degrees.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

I support the proposed rules change, but he ain't cheatin' unless the ban goes through and the calendar flips to 2016. Simple as that.

Dumb of him to call them out - people are morons and will probably just do it more now. Which is sad, but people suck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Quote:

Originally Posted by sofingaw

Yeah. Nobody likes being called a liar or cheater. That gets ME upset for sure.

The guy yelling mashed potatoes is a dipshit, but at least he's not challenging the players' integrity. That's way out of line.

FWIW, I support the anchoring ban. However, anchoring the putter has never been, and is not (yet) cheating. To insinuate that is out of control, IMO.

I'd consider the source before getting upset. If a drunk guy yells out at a tourney, there isn't much you can do about it - and complaining about it on twitter only adds fuel to the fire.

Complaining about it anywhere, or even acknowledging them, just gives credence to their comments.  Look at what happened to Montgomerie when he let some idiot fans get to him.  I don't thinks he's ever hit another shot on this side of the Atlantic without some self-made jerk riding him.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Complaining about it anywhere, or even acknowledging them, just gives credence to their comments.  Look at what happened to Montgomerie when he let some idiot fans get to him.  I don't thinks he's ever hit another shot on this side of the Atlantic without some self-made jerk riding him.

I don't think it gives any credence to their comments.

But it does bring out more haters, knowing their comments bother him.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I know in my neck-of-the-woods (TB Championship), there is a place called the Owls' Nest sponsored by Hooters where a lot of beer is served, and the people started hollering at the players on the green - an they also place bets regarding hitting the green and putting. I can see where this kind of atmosphere might get people to start heckling the players especially if they're responsible for loss of wagers.

Funny how this sport is suppose to be a gentleman's sport not a free for all BS from some drunk morons.

To me anyone in a crowd that calls some one a cheater or worse should be asked to leave it takes away from the sport and the rest of the people there that want to see the pros play and have a good time.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

It's an inevitable consequence -- whether intended or otherwise* -- of the stand the USGA has chosen to take. Stigmatize the method and you stigmatize the players that use it, and used it, whatever the grandfather period. Keegan's going to have *******s tell him that he didn't fairly win a PGA for the rest of his life.

(* One of the few things everyone here seems to agree on is that anchoring wasn't a big deal until people like Bradley and Simpson started to win big tournaments with it. It follows that the USGA would probably like to see them switch to the "approved method" as soon as possible. If a little informal pressure is applied from the gallery, so much the better ...)

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

When Keegan started speaking out in favor of anchoring, he put a target on his back.  Now he's all upset because a few fans are calling him a cheater?  Really?  I have absolutely no sympathy for Keegan.  He wants to run his mouth in favor of anchoring but doesnt want anyone to fire back at him.  Sorry, Keegan, life doesnt work that way.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

When Keegan started speaking out in favor of anchoring, he put a target on his back.  Now he's all upset because a few fans are calling him a cheater?  Really?  I have absolutely no sympathy for Keegan.  He wants to run his mouth in favor of anchoring but doesnt want anyone to fire back at him.  Sorry, Keegan, life doesnt work that way.

Seriously?

He's not cheating.

It's one thing to have a discussion over "to ban or not to ban, that is the question" and to call someone a "cheater" on the course.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Seriously?

But of course! This is the default position of the ban brigade. Who cares if it's "legal"? It shouldn't be and you and all your ilk who have ever won with one should be goddamn ashamed. Now shut up about your worthless opinion and just be glad we don't ram your long putter up your ass to boot.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Keegan isn't breaking any rules until the ban becomes official.  Too bad for the guy but I'm not surprised the anchoring guys are getting hassled.  Some people love to hate.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Stretch

One of the few things everyone here seems to agree on is that anchoring wasn't a big deal until people like Bradley and Simpson started to win big tournaments with it. It follows that the USGA would probably like to see them switch to the "approved method" as soon as possible. If a little informal pressure is applied from the gallery, so much the better

I have had the same opinion for nearly a decade now. Well before it became as popular as it currently is.

Originally Posted by Stretch

But of course! This is the default position of the ban brigade. Who cares if it's "legal"? It shouldn't be and you and all your ilk who have ever won with one should be goddamn ashamed. Now shut up about your worthless opinion and just be glad we don't ram your long putter up your ass to boot.

Stretch, that's not my default position, nor do I think you'll find many others here who would claim it as their default, so knock it off.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!