IGNORED

Nicklaus on Feherty

turtleback
Note: This thread is 4046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah he was definitely a bit more reserved than usual with Jack but I think that's the admiration he has for him showing.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

feherty is an old drunk, loud mouth that jack  barely "tolerates" because, like a lot of people, he just doesnt find feherty funny.....feherty thinks he can become the golf equivalent of howard stern.  Just another jerk off who suffers from verbal diarrhea and tourretes syndrome

Originally Posted by SoCal Blade

feherty is an old drunk, loud mouth that jack  barely "tolerates" because, like a lot of people, he just doesnt find feherty funny.....feherty thinks he can become the golf equivalent of howard stern.  Just another jerk off who suffers from verbal diarrhea and tourretes syndrome

Wow, how do you really feel?

Based on what I see, Feherty seems to show a lot of respect to his fellow peers in the golf world.  Feherty's humor may be corny at times but in no way is he comparable to Howard Stern.  Howard Stern is FAR MORE profane in nature (in all aspects actually) than Feherty.  I can't see how the two can be compared?

Furthermore, I commend Feherty for being transparent on his past issues with drinking.  It takes guts to be that completely open about a disease/addiction.

• Upvote 2

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Methinks SoCal has had a bad day or something. SoCal: is there anything, any single thing, you think is good about Feherty? Stern OTOH appears to be a complete jerk with no redeeming features but YMMV.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I attended a practice day program on the range at the 2004 PGA Championship where Feherty was the MC.  He did some mini-interviews of a few of the pros out practicing, mimicked a few of their swings and other famous golfers' swings and told jokes.  That was one of the funniest (maybe THE funniest) live performances I've ever seen, much more so than most professional comedians' standup routines.  Feherty was naturally quick-witted, spontaneous, and hilarious, a thousand percent funnier than Gary McCord.  I had my little brother from the Big Brothers program with me that day and Feherty's comedy was altogether appropriate for a middle-school aged kid - he laughed as much as I did.

One of the things I like about Feherty is that he's at peace with his insecurities and generally deals with them via self-deprecating humor. Sometimes Howard Stern does too, but it's more forced and sometimes he's an immature, raging horse's ass to his staff and everyone else; I say this having been at least a moderate fan of his for quite a few years.  Feherty's humor is light years funnier than Stern's.  But as long as he's refraining from juvenile questions about the dirtiest details of a celebrity's sex life, Stern is actually a pretty remarkable interviewer, able to pull a surprising amount of interesting facts and stories out of his guests.

I've never felt the fondness that a lot of people feel toward Nicklaus.  I was old enough to watch him on TV during his prime but never cared two hoots about golf until the summer of 1993 when I first picked up the game.  That first summer I tried golf, I checked a Nicklaus instructional VHS tape out from my library and it was an huge turn-off on the man.  Time and again, Nicklaus would refer to "the Average Golfer" with such a contemptuous tone, he practically spat with disgust after saying the words.  Having only played a few par-3 courses at that point, it really made me wonder if a lot of golfers were as elitist and unfriendly as the Golden Bear was projecting himself to be on this video.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by inthehole

enjoyed it ... talked about his wife and family, his love for fishing, how he could have been a much better golfer if he practiced more , and how he seemed totally contented in life.    I thought it was a fantastic interview - if the OP wanted it 100% on golf, I could see he would be disappointed...

Who was it that called Jack a legend in his spare time? In his prime he rarely played more than 20 events a year.

I dunno but that is funny.

4-hybrid:

I volunteered for 4 years at the International at Castle Pines, and got to chat a little with Feherty after a round one time.  He's a real person, and very approachable when the cameras are off.  SoCal doesn't have a clue.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Who was it that called Jack a legend in his spare time? In his prime he rarely played more than 20 events a year.

I believe it was Lee Trevino.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Yikes... Couldn't disagree more. You can't even compare the two people... I've etched feherty forever and never seen him stoop to such a low level as Howard would've.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Methinks that SoCal Blade is pulling our chains.

4-hybrid:

Originally Posted by Chas

Methinks that SoCal Blade is pulling our chains.

If he thinks he's funny, he's wrong.  Feherty is funny, SoCal just comes off as whiny.

Rick

Well yes, I was kind of tongue in cheek humoring the issue, he has made me laugh as an on course commentator,  but in reality, if you like "fart jokes" (with greg norman, another whiner, ego extraordinaire) foul language, sexual innuendo and goofy prat falls, then yes, be my guest and let feherty be your social role model. I appreciate a good prank or joke as much as the next guy but there are rules that MEN live by. Here's just a few of them;

1. Never fart in public, unless its a joke on your bro's and youre willing to be the fool in the prank if someone outside the group hears it.

2. Clean up your language when women and children are present.

3. If you have any nasty, sexual thoughts, please let there be a filter between your brain and your mouth. We all have them, but real men keep their mouth's shut in mixed or unfamiliar company.

4. Ribald jokes are WONDERFUL ! and so is crass commentary or conversation..... BUT IN PRIVATE . Offending people will shrink your friend network...and if it doesnt, those people left in your network really arent  your friends.

5. Dont be the guy who goes one beer, one sip or one drink too many, then crosses the thin line between funny guy, to *******. We all know him, and if its you, admit it to yourself.

6. Play by the rules. Its just a game and as much as you would like it to be, your paycheck isnt riding on it. Relax

7. Its a 700 year old game, respect it, and you will respect yourself.

8. Never wear "plus 4"s"...Only Payne Stewart could ever pull that off, you only look ridiculous.

9.If you must drink beer, dont drink cheap beer. If you cant afford at least good beer, then golf is not your recreational sport.

10. Golf is an elite sport, embrace your "inner elitist". Now is a good time to separate yourself from the herd and the great unwashed masses.

You see, its okay to be successful, clean spoken, non-offensive,  friendly and a good golfer. Feherty is mocking those virtues because he has a chip on his shoulder, his jealousy of not being "good enough" is taking over his funny personality. I predict he'll be back on the booze soon,  as most drunks with a chip on their shoulder do NOT think they deserve success.... he will probably destroy himself...again.

Another thing, alcoholism is NOT a disease, its a choice, no matter what the psychologist try to tell us.

Oh, and one more thing...... Tiger Woods is the modern version of Jack Nicklaus who DOES practice. With all of his faults, Tiger is exciting.... Jack put us to sleep....

That is all

Originally Posted by Fourputt

If he thinks he's funny, he's wrong.  Feherty is funny, SoCal just comes off as whiny.

Back to the bowling alleys for you Mr. fourputt...... You think your snazzy "handle" (fourputt) makes you one of the guys...it does not, for you, it subconsciously identifies you as the poor putter you are....Im willing to bet there is a LOT more things in your life that you "fourputt" also.  How about another "Bud Lite" there champ !...Stay with the "lite", Im willing to also bet that youre probably getting a little thick around the middle Mr. fourputt....Right?

Bogeys, Double and even triple Bogey's are about as good as you can ever hope to be when you have no self respect...Self Deprecating humor is a field day for a psychiatrist.

**So prove me right by attacking me with the low brow, strawman argument youre sure to retort with.

Originally Posted by SoCal Blade

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Back to the bowling alleys for you Mr. fourputt...... You think your snazzy "handle" (fourputt) makes you one of the guys...it does not, for you, it subconsciously identifies you as the poor putter you are....Im willing to bet there is a LOT more things in your life that you "fourputt" also.  How about another "Bud Lite" there champ !...Stay with the "lite", Im willing to also bet that youre probably getting a little thick around the middle Mr. fourputt....Right?

Bogeys, Double and even triple Bogey's are about as good as you can ever hope to be when you have no self respect...Self Deprecating humor is a field day for a psychiatrist.

**So prove me right by attacking me with the low brow, strawman argument youre sure to retort with.

Bye now.

• Upvote 1

Rick

How to spot a troll:  Nearly every comment is laced with highly-emotional, inflammatory comments designed invoke as much angered responses as possible.

I do feel sorry for you dude.  When you feel like your life is so complete that you're compelled to drag others down, you're truly lost.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by dave67az

How to spot a troll:  Nearly every comment is laced with highly-emotional, inflammatory comments designed invoke as much angered responses as possible.

I do feel sorry for you dude.  When you feel like your life is so complete that you're compelled to drag others down, you're truly lost.

With so much hate, you wonder how he ever became a golfer.  Golf is supposed to be about respect and sportsmanship, and he seems to lack even a hint of that.  What I wonder is what any of us did to inspire such acrimony.

• Upvote 1

Rick

Note: This thread is 4046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!