IGNORED

Hello everyone

Bunty07
Note: This thread is 4041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone I'm new here so please be gentle. I have a skycaddie SG3.5 but the problem I have is that the hand held cost me enough money to start with and I'm now getting a bit fed up with the yearly subscription. I know it equates to nothing if you break it down. I was thinking about changing to a Laser range finder. I know this gas probably been disgust a hundred times but anyone's experience with these devices would be great. Happy golfing and thanks for your time.

Hi, I'm a newbie as well. I bought a sonocaddie about 2 years ago and still enjoy using it because a) downloading courses are free for life and b) it shows you distances to hazards that may not be visible to you. For example, I played Moorpark last year and 200 yards ahead of me, my gps said there was water. From where I was, I could not see anything. I trusted the gps and aimed left. Luckily I did because when I walked up to my ball, I could see a large lake on my right.

A laser rangefinder won't tell you that. But that's my opinion.

Thanks forepoints for your feedback as i said the yearly subscription isn't much when you break it down throughout the year. It's just the fact that I need to pay it after already shelling out the money for the device to start with. The thing is I new I would have to its just a few years down the line and its now bugging me lol! Yeah so thanks for your opinion. Hope you have a good season on the course!

Thanks forepoints for your feedback as i said the yearly subscription isn't much when you break it down throughout the year. It's just the fact that I need to pay it after already shelling out the money for the device to start with. The thing is I new I would have to its just a few years down the line and its now bugging me lol! Yeah so thanks for your opinion. Hope you have a good season on the course!

I agree with it being annoying. You would think you could at least get the first year for free.

Did you know there was a fee attached when you bought the unit? I know that would suck because when I registered my sonocaddie, they made it sound like it costed something once upon a time and they decided to make it free. I'm enjoying it more and more every time I download a new course.

Yeah I was totally aware of all the costs that the unit would bring. It's just now it's starting to bug me. I mean when you brake it down its like 30p a day or something small like that so it's not the amount I need to pay its just the fact that I need to lol. What you've got is the way it should be pay good amount of money for the device and that's it.

Note: This thread is 4041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!