IGNORED

Making flush contact with ball, no grass before or after

Note: This thread is 4052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I was able to concentrate on a few things and now I am making real good contact and hitting a nice draw. The sound off of the club isn't that "chunk" sound when my swing was inside out and not making solid contact. The one thing that is weird though is I couldn't tell because I was hitting off of the mat but I would sneak in front to the grass and when I make contact with any club I am not taking a divot at all (or if I do it is a tiny one in front of the ball). It's as if I am just making flush contact with the ball and not the ground after. Is this a case of flipping and scooping the ball?

My ball flight is really high as well to for all the clubs (not moonshots but not a piercing trajectory either, kind of mid to high I guess).

Originally Posted by Iwanttobreak100

It's as if I am just making flush contact with the ball and not the ground after. Is this a case of flipping and scooping the ball?

The most likely answer is "yes."  You can still take a very shallow and short divot after the ball if you're casting.  It just means that you're timing the flip very well.  When you get out to the course, the flip will reveal itself eventually.

Best bet is to try and get some video of your swing so you can see what it looks like.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!