Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XxGorillaxX

My swing (XxGorillaxX)

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Went to get my typical 1-2 months lesson, I worked with this pro at my local golf range and he seems to be helping an ok, changed my grip from strong to neutral and thus I do fade a little bit more which he mentions.. It's the best of video I have for now.. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.smarterlessons.com/prod/pub/history.php?videoid_br=4866122#tabs-pane-0

I think I go around my body too much for a 3 wood and I should come a little higher when I bring it back?

I think I bring my hands down first in the downswing which isn't good either..

None the less.. I average 220yards with the X Hot 3 Wood... mind you, that thing is ridiculously good for whomever decides to get it. I will get the driver when my funds allow ;p

Thanks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

In the swing on the right you are swinging around your body to much. But of other than that it looks good. How is you ball flight?

first of all, thanks for replying.

second, I agree with you .. it is too much around the body right?.. I dont realize it .. but after this I see it, sometimes Its high and pretty... sometimes it's almost 'thin' and its low..

any advice or ..

I'll be honest.....slow motion does nothing for me.  If I could see a full speed swing, it would be easier for me to comment.

Two major problems I see are the very flat shoulder rotation on the backswing and the right heel being too far off the ground.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Played better at Western Gailes yesterday and loved the course - very welcoming and had me thinking much more than Turnberry did as the greens were smaller with danger pretty much everywhere. I started out brilliantly, playing the first 4 in -1, but then turned into the wind - into and off the right - and immediately lost a ball playing for too much wind on the hardest hole, which I'd have bogeyed anyway. Putting again wasn't as good as it has been and I just haven't felt like I'm going to hole anything outside of 6 feet. Highlights were the first four holes, particularly feeling like DJ or Rory on the 4th, a good par on 7 (see below) and a good last four holes - bar another lost ball on 18...  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1072354 My par on the 7th - only swing I recorded was a really nice punch 5 iron from 170 into a strong breeze: 3rd tee: 'Secret' 6th green: Looking back on the 13th green: I get a few days' rest now before my last couple of rounds, both at Machrihanish Dunes. I've learnt a lot about my game playing these two rounds that I hadn't known beforehand. I find it really hard when I don't know the line and have to guess and commit to the shot far less. If I can see it though, it's generally fine. I need to sort the driving in the wind out as there's just no room for error - a slight mishit and a ball that would be safe is gone. Additionally, particularly at Turnberry, I need to stop overthinking things. Occasionally I'd find myself trying to hit a 7 iron with the ball miles back in my stance to deloft it, aiming way left to compensate and just should have hit what I felt comfortable with and taken the hit with the wind. My putting has to get better as well, particularly from range. So much fun though and I will definitely play Western Gailes again (probably more of a certainty than Turnberry) - I loved the course and the welcome you get was amazing.
    • Played better at Western Gailes yesterday and loved the course - very welcoming and had me thinking much more than Turnberry did as the greens were smaller with danger pretty much everywhere. The main thing I've taken away from this trip though is that I need to control my driver in the wind better. A lot of times, it was definitely the play and my second shot was excellent, but I lost too many going with the wind, which probably wouldn't have been too bad without it. Partial wedges were really good again and approach play was generally alright. I started out brilliantly, playing the first 4 in -1, but then turned into the wind - into and off the right - and immediately lost a ball playing for too much wind on the hardest hole, which I'd have bogeyed anyway. Putting again wasn't as good as it has been and I just haven't felt like I'm going to hole anything outside of 6 feet. Highlights were the first four holes, particularly feeling like DJ or Rory on the 4th, a good par on 7 (see below) and a good last four holes - bar another lost ball on 18...  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1072354 My par on the 7th - only swing I recorded was a really nice punch 5 iron from 170 into a strong breeze: 3rd tee: 'Secret' 6th green: Looking back on the 13th green: I get a few days' rest now before my last couple of rounds, both at Machrihanish Dunes. I've learnt a lot about my game playing these two rounds that I hadn't known beforehand. I find it really hard when I don't know the line and have to guess and commit to the shot far less. If I can see it though, it's generally fine. I need to sort the driving in the wind out as there's just no room for error - a slight mishit and a ball that would be safe is gone. Additionally, particularly at Turnberry, I need to stop overthinking things. Occasionally I'd find myself trying to hit a 7 iron with the ball miles back in my stance to deloft it, aiming way left to compensate and just should have hit what I felt comfortable with and taken the hit with the wind. My putting has to get better as well, particularly from range. So much fun though and I will definitely play Western Gailes again (probably more of a certainty than Turnberry) - I loved the course and the welcome you get was amazing.
    • Lake Mead. It's down 150' +/-, and still losing about 5' every year. 
    • Well the head of the pros looks quite steady in the horizontal movement. I just want to emphasize that swing in a barrel and steady head can harm your swing especially if your swing is already good. 
    • Sounds similar, I have never heard any one with this swing thought just hope it's not a one time fluke.It makes sense though if your belly button follows your club head all the way back and through with arms connected to body you can't get ahead or behind with your swing , if  that make sense , don't have to think of anything else it just happens naturally perfect rythem  and a nice draw I also visualize the swing path and try to keep club head on that path
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Erg
      Erg
      (49 years old)
    2. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (37 years old)
    3. Tutenharman
      Tutenharman
      (27 years old)