IGNORED

Verizon Rant

dak4n6
Note: This thread is 3916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in the industry, I work with all of the major carriers in my area

Verizon and AT&T; have built the largest and most reliable networks, 3G 4G LTE and emergency systems. – think ProV

Sprint – solid good system – not top of the line but are finally upgrading systems – they lived through the Nextel purchase which many thought would kill them. – think NXT

Cricket / Metro etc – small companies tossed up ASAP – just waiting to be purchased – Metro I believe has already been purchased.

T-Mobile – thinking X-out…major brand unless you are in the industry and know the ins and outs.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

T-Mobile – thinking X-out…major brand unless you are in the industry and know the ins and outs.

so whats the scoop with TMobile?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak4n6

What are the alternatives when your phone breaks out of warranty (like a month after the waranty expires of course - don't even get me going about my conspiracy theories on that one)?

It's just that I recognize these low-life sales tactics and I think they are demeaning and insulting esp when I am already being reamed on my monthly service.

What is wrong with your phone now? I am a bit of a phone geek too and can probably get the one you have working again if it is starting up at all. The other option is to buy an unlocked phone outright on ebay or from tigerdirect. They are not as confusing as they seem.

Didn't realize this thread was still alive. Upon start up it would just cycle endlessly through the start screens. It happened about 6 mo ago, and they just reloaded the firmware, but this time it was out of warranty so tough noogies on me. Thanks for the offers for fixing it (bplewis too) but I tossed it already.

dak4n6

If it weren't for Verizons damn good network I would be gone. Also I've typically had good customer service from them.

I'm really interested in android, an enthusiast you could say. But Verizon is so far behind in top of the line android devices it is depressing.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Let me just throw my 2 cents into the cell phone/network discussion. My family has two cell phones through a relatively new provider called Ting. They are basically a Sprint re-seller. Let me hook you with one quick detail. The two smart phones that we have typically cost us $27.30 a month combined. That's not a misprint and no they aren't just phones that sit in the glove compartment of the car in case of emergency, we do actually use them. We did however have one high month where things got really out of hand and the bill ended up being $37.42.

We just had to buy our phones outright from Ting for about 2 benjamins apiece, but that was before they offered used devices so the entry cost has the potential to be alot lower now. I have been enjoying much lower cell phone bills with Ting for close to a year, I would not go back to the major carriers. Ting.com to check it out, and no I have no affiliation or stake in this company I just believe in their business model.

Note: This thread is 3916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!