IGNORED

Want to Play in the Pro-Am at Oak Hill (Site of 2013 PGA Championship)? READ HERE!

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The Western New York section of the PGA (my section) is hosting the PGA Championship this year at Oak Hill in Rochester, NY.

Each section of the PGA across the U.S. is given spots to play in the Pro-Am on June 17th.

http://westernnewyork.pga.com/tournaments/tournament/4752/

In conjunction with the PGA Championship , the Western New York PGA will have an outstanding opportunity to participate in a world-class pro-am event at Oak Hill-East Course on June 17 th , along with our friends in Central NY, Northeastern NY, and the Met sections. As part of this PGA REACH Pro Am (Recreation, Education, Awareness, Community, Health) , our section’s net proceeds will be going directly back to our Western New York PGA Foundation to help really kick-start our programs already in progress.

The WNYPGA will be given 5 spots in the event (an additional spot was awarded to our beneficiary, the JC Martin Project).  The other NY Sections will receive 6 spots in the event as well.  Should there be any unfilled openings from the other sections, we will be able to fill those with our own teams as needed AND, should demand be as high as we all expect, the West Course will be available at a reduced cost, with WNY to receive up to half the spots.

The cost per amateur on the East Course is $1250.00. ($750 on the West Course should the demand be there)  This is an all-inclusive price that includes golf, fore caddies, meals, all gratuities, great tee gifts, prizes and a donation to the WNYPGA Foundation. A portion of each entry is tax deductible.  The competition is based on teams of 4 amateurs and 1 PGA Professional.

At the WNYPGA Spring Meeting, Monday, April 22 @ Transit Valley, each Section PGA Professional may enter the drawing with a $100 deposit paid on that day. During the meeting the 5 spots will be drawn until we exhaust the entries, as we will also need to determine teams to fill any unused spots on the East Course as well as for potential West Course participants. If your name is drawn, you will have until Monday, May 13th to make payment in full to the section office, otherwise we will move to the next team on the list.

Dave and I both put our names in for spots and were fortunate to have been drawn second and 17th. Dave figured it would be a unique and great opportunity for TST members, so we're using our second-place guaranteed spot to see if you guys want to form a team.

So…

If you would like to play in the Pro-Am with Dave Wedzik or myself, please post in this thread. Your payment of $1250 would be due to Dave by Friday, May 10th (and he'll only collect if four people are able to commit).

This is an awesome opportunity to play the site of a major championship, get a bunch of swag, and have a great day. Current plans are for Dave to play along with the four of you as your pro, though if the group would rather I play with them, we can do that too.

Post here if you're interested. If you're definitely going to do it, post that as well to reserve your spot. I'll answer any questions I can.

P.S. The West course is $750 as stated above and we could reserve one of those spots with the 17th choice. If some of you are interested in that option, please let me know, though I suspect for the money playing the East Course - the actual site of the PGA Championship - will be the way to go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can't do it, but what a GREAT idea and opportunity!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!