• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TST Feedbot

Nike VR_S Covert and Covert Tour Drivers Review

2 posts in this topic

by Jamieson Weiss: link

It's good enough for Rory McIlroy, is the Nike VR_S Covert good enough to make your bag?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The head pro at my home course has a hard-on for Nike... I'm pretty sure he's getting a kickdown. That said, he had the Nike rep out for a demo day. The range was closed for maintenance, so he setup shop on the 10th tee box. Long story short, I was mashing that thing. I play an R11, 9* lofted up to a little shy of 10*, regular flex. I had him set me up with something comparable so I could get an apples to apples comparison. Now granted, there was nothing at stake and I was laying into them, but I'd say I was easily getting another 15 yards out of that cavity back atrocity. I then had him switch it up to what he thought made sense based on the launch monitor, and although I don't know that it added any more distance, I was able to work the ball significantly better than my Taylormade. Honestly, I probably would've picked one up had my woman not just dropped the cash on the R11 as a Christmas gift. Not sure how I would've explained that one :).