IGNORED

My search for the best ball.....surprising result.

Note: This thread is 3976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by inthecup

You might want to try the Callaway Hex Pro from Costco.  Urethane cover 4 piece ball.  It is private labeled for Costco, $24 a dozen hard to beat.

Another vote for the Costco Callaway Hex Pro.  I'm starting to improve, and not lose so many balls, so I wanted to try a better ball.  I've tried the Bridgestone E6 and RXS, Srixon Z-Star and Q-Star, and Pro V1 and V1x.

For me, the Costco Callaway Hex Pro, at $24/dz, is a nice combination of quality ball and acceptable price.  I don't feel awful when I still lose one, but the better feel is certainly noticeable around the greens.

Probably not for everyone, but for other price-conscious players looking to upgrade their ball, it's a fair compromise.  I believe it's essentially a Callaway Tour iS from a few years back, with a urethane cover.

I have to say, you are high off your ass, haha. On a serious note, you should check out the Bridgestone e5. I believe that is the ball that the v2 is supposed to be compared with and I personally like the e5 better after my latest 3 dozen expedition with the v2's.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

I dislike Bridgestone balls for some reason. They mentally make me doubt myself, but I know it is my own weird mental habit. I will only play a Titleist or Callaway Tour level ball. However, again, I am addicted to the 2013 DT Solo and Velocity for some reason. I lost greenside spin, but not entirely. I haven't been able to notice any lost strokes either so paying half of what I was used to is awesome as well.

Currently playing Titleist Velocity, DT Solo and Callaway i(S).

I should mention that I shot my 81 at my club last Sunday not playing the E6.  I have ordered and am waiting for B330 RX to arrive this week but on Sunday I tried the Srixon Z Star XV.  They held the green much better and felt better putting in my opinion. I cannot say with 100% certainty that one of the reasons that I dropped my score from shooting 86's and up with the E6 to an 81 with a different ball but if it's not the cause then it's one hell of a coincidence!

The B330 RX's arrived last night and while I have not hit them yet, I did putt with them and they felt great to putt with.

I do not hate the E6's, I played them exclusively for many months and they were great for a while.  I am just at a point in my game now where I do not need the assistance of their lack of sidespin and need something that holds the green more than they do.  I think that the E6 is a great ball for someone looking for a solid ball that will go straighter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Spyder

I dislike Bridgestone balls for some reason. They mentally make me doubt myself, but I know it is my own weird mental habit. I will only play a Titleist or Callaway Tour level ball. However, again, I am addicted to the 2013 DT Solo and Velocity for some reason. I lost greenside spin, but not entirely. I haven't been able to notice any lost strokes either so paying half of what I was used to is awesome as well.

Currently playing Titleist Velocity, DT Solo and Callaway i(S).

I really like Bridgestone, and this is gonna sound stupid but, I really like them because the only sets of tires I would buy for my ZX6r were Bridgestone and they were so sticky and my favorite tire over any Michelin and/or Dunlop I ever rode. I figure if they can make one product so well, they have the technology to make another just as good. So far so good. My boss just gave me a sleeve of ProV1s and they are nice balls but really expensive and to be honest, I think they're too good for my skill level. I don't want to worry about if the ball is gonna go straight or not. I'd rather wait til I'm below a 15 HCI before I move up to a better ball.

Originally Posted by bjwestner

I should mention that I shot my 81 at my club last Sunday not playing the E6.  I have ordered and am waiting for B330 RX to arrive this week but on Sunday I tried the Srixon Z Star XV.  They held the green much better and felt better putting in my opinion. I cannot say with 100% certainty that one of the reasons that I dropped my score from shooting 86's and up with the E6 to an 81 with a different ball but if it's not the cause then it's one hell of a coincidence!

The B330 RX's arrived last night and while I have not hit them yet, I did putt with them and they felt great to putt with.

I do not hate the E6's, I played them exclusively for many months and they were great for a while.  I am just at a point in my game now where I do not need the assistance of their lack of sidespin and need something that holds the green more than they do.  I think that the E6 is a great ball for someone looking for a solid ball that will go straighter

I played e6's for that reason too and always hated the fact that they would always roll out and never grab. Eventually, after hours of researching, I decided on the e5.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Finding that the TF Gamer works best should be no surprise.  It is an excellent ball.

My experience with the Bridgestone E6 is that it is super straight, but you gotta hit it high to hold a green.

Note: This thread is 3976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!