IGNORED

How does this make sense?

Note: This thread is 6139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I have been having ALOT of trouble with my iron play lately. So I decided to dust off this old 70's Tommy Penna 7i blade I have had sicne I was 8. I figured it would give me some good feedback into what was ailing me with my swing. So I pull out the blade and just try and groove a swing. First swing was 140 yards right down my target line. Then another one right down the pipe. I pull out my Adams IDEA 7i and continue to catch it fat and anything else, just like I have been doing the past week. I try my Adams 7i more and more with little sucess. I then continue to pull the blade again and again 2 balls down the pipe! I always though blades were impossible for me, but now I hit an old blade better than my GI irons from 2003?

I dont know what to think, should I be encouraged?

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I have a forged

Yea I always get tommy armour and toney penna mixed up.

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Just throwing out a prayer at this one but here is my concept behind this. If I am not mistaken the standard length of irons was modified within the past couple of years (Assuming you didn't get fitted for the new irons). You said "old" when describing your Tommy Pena irons so im assuming "old" refers to a date prior to the new standards. Try comparing the length of each iron. An iron that is too long is definitely a possibility when considering the reasons for the "fat shot". Hope this helps. If this is the case you will have to either spend lots of time modifying your swing to fit the longer shafts on the irons or spend money to get them fitted to your swing (i'd recommend the fitting to take lots of variables out of the mishits... not just the fat ones )

Travis

IN THE BAG:
Driver: 905 T 10.5° Proforce V2 75 (Stiff)
3 & 5wood: Burner Bubble
Irons: 735.cm Stainless 3-pw
Wedges: 900 Gunmetal 52° & 58° low bounce Putter: Circa #3 CM

I am quite a superstitious golfer and if I were in our shoes, I would play the blades until they give you a problem. As you know, striking the ball well can be much more mental than physical, so ride the conifdence out as long as possible. Don't think about it too much because that could be what got you into a swing slump in the first place!

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

Go figure. I golf yesterday and have the best ball striking round of my golf career. The guys I was paired with thought I was a 5 handicap. If I could only putt I would have broke 80.

Shot a 40 42 for an 82 :)

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Note: This thread is 6139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!