IGNORED

Help me buy a gap wedge

Note: This thread is 3927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really love my tour models from ping, give them some green side shots before you commit to something else. Whatever is comfortable and gives you confid

Get a job - even after a few hours of minimum wage work, you can probably afford almost any gap wedge.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Cleveland CG16 is a great wedge. I too really like the Vokey wedges, and I have one in my bag, but after trying the Cleveland wedge, I loved it.

Driver: :tmade: Burner '08 10.5* 3 wood: :tmade: Rocketballz 15* 3 hybrid: :tmade: Burner Superlaunch 18* 4 hybrid: :tmade: Rescue 11 21* Irons: :tmade: Burner 1.0 5-AW Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 54* :cleve: CG16 58* Putter: :odyssey: 2 Ball Blade Grips: Golf Pride VDR white Balls: :titleist: Velocity Bag: :tmade: Audi bag

Assuming you want advise, not money.

Either match your irons or match your wedges. You MAY get a bit more length if you match your irons. You MAY get a bit more versatility if you match your wedges.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Assuming you want advise, not money.

Either match your irons or match your wedges. You MAY get a bit more length if you match your irons. You MAY get a bit more versatility if you match your wedges.

Huh? Not following.

Originally Posted by FloppedBalls

Quote:

Originally Posted by meenman

Get a job - even after a few hours of minimum wage work, you can probably afford almost any gap wedge.

How the **** does this help? Price was never an issue

Take it easy. He was joking.

This is like the 3rd or 4th thread that you've posted about gap wedges, so you're obviously concerned about choosing the right wedge. If it hasn't been said before, go to a golf shop, take a look around, and try to hit as many as they will allow you to. Anything from the major OEM's, as long as you like it and feel comfortable with it, will be a good choice. Remember that you always have the option of bending the loft of a wedge if it's not just right.

Good luck.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by FloppedBalls

Huh? Not following.

Some irons sets do have an available GW that progressively follows the lofts. You can opt for that OR you can match the GW with whatever SW and/or LW you have in your bag.

For example, if you have a Titleist AP1 set, there is a matching GW that goes with that. The other option is if you SW or LW is a Vokey SM4, then get a Vokey SM4 GW.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Note: This thread is 3927 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!