IGNORED

113th U.S. Amateur Championship

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

TV Schedule (all times EDT)
Wednesday, Aug. 14: 4-6 p.m.
Golf Channel (first round)
Thursday, Aug. 15: 12-2 p.m.
Golf Channel (second round)
Friday, Aug. 16: 9-11 p.m.
Golf Channel (quarterfinals)
Saturday, Aug. 17: 4-6 p.m. ,
NBC (semifinals)
Sunday, Aug. 18: 4-6 p.m.
NBC (championship final)

If anyone forgot this was coming up.  I will be checking in on it as I have not watched coverage of this event before.

Defending champion Steven Fox (TN)

here is an early stroke play leader board

http://www.usga.org/ChampEventScore.aspx?id=17179869326&year;=2013&type;=stroke

Seems like the shorter Charles River Course is playing just as tough as Brookline. Lots of high ranked amateurs not in the top 64, including Fox and last year's runner up. Some good unknowns are up there pretty high, including the kid from Temple University who got knocked out of the US Open when another kid made four straight birdies at the qualifier in Purchase, NY.

Quote:
Lots of high ranked amateurs not in the top 64, including Fox

Forgive me if he was outside when you posted but Steven Fox is T58 going into today.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by vasaribm

Forgive me if he was outside when you posted but Steven Fox is T58 going into today.

T85 when I posted the link.

Plenty of the world's top Am's are outside of top 150 right now. They'll need to play well today.

Originally Posted by 9iron

here is an early stroke play leader board

http://www.usga.org/ChampEventScore.aspx?id=17179869326&year;=2013&type;=stroke

Seems like the shorter Charles River Course is playing just as tough as Brookline. Lots of high ranked amateurs not in the top 64, including Fox and last year's runner up. Some good unknowns are up there pretty high, including the kid from Temple University who got knocked out of the US Open when another kid made four straight birdies at the qualifier in Purchase, NY.

Brandon Matthews is far from an unknown. He has wiped up the field in all of the major tournaments (including Opens against professionals) in the Philly area. I suspect that he is one of the favorites.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by phan52

Brandon Matthews is far from an unknown. He has wiped up the field in all of the major tournaments (including Opens against professionals) in the Philly area. I suspect that he is one of the favorites.

phan52, you and I know who Brandon is because we are from Philly, but people using the msg. board who reside in Oklahoma, Florida, or California, let alone Australia or England, do not. In that sense, he is unknown. In our Golf Assoc of Philadelphia world, of course he is well known.

Additionally, I'm not sure I'd call him one of the favorites either. He isn't ranked in the top 200 among world amateurs. He's not even the highest ranked player from Pennsylvania. That honor belongs to Nathan Smith. I'm rooting for him, though.

Cut line just moved from +4 to +5. Looks like there will be a playoff with approximately 20 players for approximately 10 spots, depending on how the final pairings finish.

Note: This thread is 3906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!